Windows 10: Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge?

Discus and support Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to free up some disk space on my 128 GB SSD and found that there were 2 versions of Chromium edge installed.C:\Program Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Satekroket, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge?

Hello,

I was trying to free up some disk space on my 128 GB SSD and found that there were 2 versions of Chromium edge installed.C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application contains 2 version folders, one for 81.0.416.62 (276 MB) and one for 86.0.622.61 (382 MB), screenshot. Version 81.0.416.62 takes up about 276 MB which is a lot on a 128 GB SSD, and seems redundant because there is a newer version installed.

Is it possible to uninstall the older version 81.0.416.62 while keeping the newer version 86.0.622.61?

submitted by /u/Satekroket
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Satekroket, Nov 4, 2020

2. how to uninstall chromium

Hi Scott,

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error while you try to uninstall the chromium browser?

• How did you install the chromium browser? Is it through Windows store/third party website/any other source?

• Does the issue persist only while you try to uninstall the chromium browser/ any other programs?
    You may follow the below suggestions and check if you are able to uninstall the chromium browser.

Follow the below steps if you have installed the chromium browser through the setup file or through the other source.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Here you will be able to see the list of programs installed in your computer.

• Right click on the program which you would like to uninstall and click
      Uninstall.
    If you have downloaded the chromium browser through the Windows store, open the Start menu, type chromium in the search bar, right click on the chromium browser from the search bar results and click on uninstall.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Uninstalling Chromium ?

• Download the Chromium exe from the download site.(Download Chromium)
    • Double click the exe in your downloads folder.
    • Uninstall.
    OR

• Go to C:/Program Files.
    • Delete the Chromium folder.
    • Go to C:/Program Files(x86).
    • Click on Start -> Run..
    • Type %AppData%
    • Type %LocalAppData%
    • Delete The Shortcut.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge?

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge?

1. Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge? - Similar Threads - possible uninstall older

2. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  3. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Possible to get older versions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to get older versions?: Hi folks, Bit of a weird ask, but hopefully I'm in the right place. A friend of mine had their hard drive fail and brought the laptop to me for repair. It's some kind of special starwars-themed HP. The drive was completely gone, no possibility for recovery. I dropped in a...
  5. Edge Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium?: Will Edge Chromium be pre-installed in future Windows 10 releases? Or, will it have to be installed manually? 154811
  6. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XpenEnvy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fix13r/how_to_uninstall_microsoft_edge_chromium/
  7. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  8. Uninstalling Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling Chromium: So, Chromium was added to my laptop somehow, and I thought I could just delete it in Settings, but it won't delete. Everytime I try to delete it, it opens up and I get a message saying, "Please close all Chromium windows and try again." This happens everytime, so I can't...
  9. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: I keep hearing that the new Edge browser is Chromium-based. So why doesn'y new computer have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/14e2ed1f-a39e-4f23-b6dd-2fb44bb9eee2
  10. when does Chromium version of Edge release

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when does Chromium version of Edge release: when does Chromium version of Edge release? Will it automatically replace the current Edge? 124767