Windows 10: Is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key

Discus and support Is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello dear community , As the question states is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key. We have bought a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IvanAndonov3, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key

Hello dear community ,

As the question states is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key. We have bought a couple of machines from a local shop that came with windows home versions but the versions are OEM. Now we are looking to upgrade to windows pro however the certified microsoft retailer that sells licenses and keys in my country warned us that if we upgrade the machines that came with OEM versions with an ESD key , after an update i am talking about windows update not hardware update the license will be revoked and we will have to manually input the license key again into the machine. So what are our options for this upgrade. I have been trying to get in touch with so many support representatives of microsoft but all they seem to do is pass the ball from one to another we are not the proper department we please contact this department blah blah I am fed up now with those support reps and I am really desparate ,I have no idea where or who to contact ... ffs I want to spend money and I cannot do it in 21st century .

:)

IvanAndonov3, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Tartaros Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Apr 19, 2021
  3. how to retrieve my previous windows version product key

My laptop currently running windows pro, will it possible to get my licensed windows 10 Home version which was came pre-installed to my laptop with this oem key after clean install.

if yes suggest me step by step.

Thanks

srinathDepally, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key

Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key

1. Is it possible to update a computer that came with OEM with an ESD key - Similar Threads - possible update computer

2. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  3. Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key: Hello all, I've got second hand laptop yesterday. It is Lenovo T640, which comes with Windows 10 Pro OEM license preinstalled in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm unable to use this key anymore, because the first owner has reached the limit of activation of this key (I called...
  4. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  5. Oem key

Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  6. Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?

Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?: Im building a new pc and I have an old laptop with windows 7 oem licence. As far as I know it’s still possible to upgrade from 7 to 10 for free but is it possible to use the laptops activation key to activate windows on the new pc? If not, is there some other way to utilize...
  7. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  8. oem key

oem key: Hello reset pc is not working on windows surface book pro, so I need to format it, how can I reinstall my oem key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/d3959937-f218-42ae-be23-31db8afbdcf0
  9. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...
  10. Is it possible to move OEM Partition ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to move OEM Partition ?: [ATTACH] Hi all, Above is my new 1TB SSD. I've cloned it from my 500 GB one. My question is, i there any way I can extend my C drive with all that unallocated space without reinstall?...