Windows 10: Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer?

Discus and support Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my laptop 1803 17134.1184. I am planning to update it to cumulative update KB4540689. Can I do it using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer?

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my laptop 1803 17134.1184. I am planning to update it to cumulative update KB4540689. Can I do it using the Standalone msu file available at the Microsoft update catalog?

Thanks.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Mar 26, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 26, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 26, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer?

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer?

1. Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer? - Similar Threads - possible update enterprise

2. Windows Standalone Update Installer says Update is not applicable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Standalone Update Installer says Update is not applicable: I am trying to update a few older machines that are running Windows 10 1809. I am trying to update them with http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2021/07/windows10.0-kb5004947-x64_c00ea7cdbfc6c5c637873b3e5305e56fafc4c074.msu to address the...
  3. Windows standalone update installer keeps running

Windows standalone update installer keeps running: I tried to manually install the most current monthly update in windows 10cumulative or security? but windows standalone update installer has been stuck on 'searching for updates on this computer' for about 2 hours. Only option on the small notification box is 'cancel' but...
  4. Windows Update Standalone Installer: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1809

Windows Update Standalone Installer: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1809: I have recently been trying to update my computer to the latest updates for Windows 10. I went to Settings>Windows Update and tried to install the update, but in my Update History it has failed to install this update 3 times, so I used the Windows Update Standalone Installer...
  5. Window Update Standalone Installer Issue.

Window Update Standalone Installer Issue.: Good day all, I have recently upgraded my computer windows 10 pro version 2004. shortly afterwards I noticed that my previously installed RSAT tools are no longer available. Sighting this I attempted to reinstall it. At that point, I received the error message RSAT...
  6. Windows update standalone Installer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update standalone Installer: i tried to install RSAT applications but i get the below error. Please advise ASAP. My system is windows 10 Home Single language. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-standalone-installer/64a7951f-ab26-4e99-96de-2a5d3bae8935
  7. Windows standalone Installer Update for antivirus not applicable

Windows standalone Installer Update for antivirus not applicable: Dear Microsoft team, I have encountered an issue when installing windows update Windows 6.1 KB4474419 64 Bit for my antivirus, Sophos update. I have previous send an email regarding about this on the 8 of june but still have not yet receive an update or reply. Please...
  8. How to add second language to standalone Windows 10 Enterprise

How to add second language to standalone Windows 10 Enterprise: I got standalone Windows 10 box which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. The default language is English, and I need to install second language to it, but I got this below error when I tried to add it from Region & language setting manually. [ATTACH] I believe this...
  9. Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10

Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10: When I am trying to install Windows Virtual PC on my Dell 7577 win10 I am getting the error "Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10. The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found". Also, I am not able able able to change the...
  10. Windows XP to Windows 10 Upgrades Possible with Standalone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows XP to Windows 10 Upgrades Possible with Standalone: With Windows 10, Microsoft is trying to upgrade as many old computers as possible and make sure that operating systems such as Windows XP go dark at a much faster pace, and it appears that the company already has a plan in place for this objective. A few days ago,...