Windows 10: is it possible to upgrade Ram

Discus and support is it possible to upgrade Ram in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a Genuine Question. is it at all possible to change the Ram on a mobile device for the better, say from 512mb to 1GB, 31933 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mickey, Nov 28, 2015.

1. mickey Win User

is it possible to upgrade Ram

This is a Genuine Question.
    is it at all possible to change the Ram on a mobile device for the better, say from 512mb to 1GB,

:)

mickey, Nov 28, 2015
  2. abzafella Win User

is it possible to increase nokia 5800 ram?

hi all,

just wondering if its possible to replace existing ram inside the 5800 phone with another one to make it faster? will it work? because i want a reeeaaally fast phone
    [/i]

abzafella, Nov 28, 2015
  3. is it possible to increase nokia 5800 ram?

But, if you install all applications and games on your memory card.....you would end up whith around 60mb free space on your c drive (internal memory).

Is it possible to allocate a specified amount of that storage to system ram? (it should be fast enough).

I think some applications crashes are related to low free memory (~ 42 mb of ree ram) because sometimes they close without warning or some of them freezes completely like Garmin Mobile XT which is really annoying.

Denzellcriss, Nov 28, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

not likely ,its all usually soldered to the motherboard inside the case but maybe if you mention the name of the device we would know for sure

caperjack, Nov 28, 2015
  5. mickey Win User
    Sorry about that it's a Nokia Lumia 625 Denim its just the ram size that lets it down, but that only showed on the early W10 mobile insider

mickey, Nov 28, 2015
  6. KACI Win User
    Caperjack is pretty much correct. One of the great things about pcs r that they r almost endlessly upgradeable. I think this contributes to the concept that pc sales are down. If you bought all the parts a built a new one it wouldn't show up as a new pc sold. Mobile devices on the other hand are pretty much locked. What you bought is what your stuck with till the next model come out.

7. mickey Win User
    Thanks to the both or you, I pretty much knew that but had to ask. I'm going to mark as solved if that's d

mickey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. is it possible to upgrade Ram - Similar Threads - possible upgrade Ram

2. Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ram upgrade: Hello i activated the windows on my laptop with an OEM key, but i've forgot someting, i have 8GB Ram and i will make an upgrade to 24GB Ram, this will disactivate my windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-upgrade/78c55065-52c6-4203-bb16-b57870db32c6"
  3. Upgrading Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading Ram: I have windows 10 home 64 bit and I want to upgrade the ram. I have 2x16 GB modules in and I added 2x16 GB modules. But all the computer does when I restart is it keeps recycling on and off. The keyboard and monitor never come on. These modules are all identical corsair...
  4. RAM Upgrade

RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...
  5. Upgrading RAM

Upgrading RAM: How i can upgrade my pc windows10 ram from 2gb to 3 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-ram/e64eed07-3a92-467a-99c6-1a9a651c22c9
  6. Upgrading RAM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading RAM: My computer is a dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming series laptop with a 1050 gtx and all it has in It is 8gb ddr sdram and I want to get better ram so would ddr3 so -dim 240pin be a better upgrade for the price I am willing to pay?...
  7. RAM upgrade

RAM upgrade: I think you may lose your dual channel and put everything in a single channel. I would find any brand that has the same timings and voltage if you can't match your brand and timings.
  8. RAM Upgrade

RAM Upgrade: Hi, I`m planning to upgrade my Inspiron 1545 RAM from 2GB to 3GB DDR2 - the 2GB DDR2 ram is more expensive than the DDR4 *Sad. I was going to buy 2x2GB DDR3 because my chipset supports it but then found out that my installed memory was DDR2 - so no joy. My question is will...
  9. Lowest Possible RAM usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lowest Possible RAM usage?: What are some Windows services/applications/default startups I can disable to lower idle RAM usage? Right now on a new(ish) installation of Windows 10 Pro it's at around 3GB (out of 16), I'd like it to be 2GB, ideally 1.5 or otherwise as low as possible. No non-essential...
  10. possible ram issue

in Windows 10 Support
    possible ram issue: hi. my laptop can run perfect and in a session it will show the bsod normaly with the line Memory_Managment i suspect that it is the memory gone bad but i just did a test using mdsched.exe and no errors what can it be James 41432