Windows 10: Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

Discus and support Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I may just do a full fresh Win 10 install instead of upgrading from 7 since the online upgrade has repeatedly failed. I have noticed though that many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ari Rosenthal, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

I may just do a full fresh Win 10 install instead of upgrading from 7 since the online upgrade has repeatedly failed. I have noticed though that many people have posted that Product ID 00359-OEM-8992687-00249 the ID on his computer is an unauthorized version of Windows even though we purchased the computer with Windows 7 on it from Best Buy. Could this product ID status or the fact that it's OEM be part of the problem with the online update?

:)

Ari Rosenthal, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Loba Win User

Windows 7 Home Premium -> Professional Upgrade

Sorry for posting in this "old" topic but I also have a question regarding this problem:
    I have a Windows 7 Home Premium Version 32 bit and I want to upgrade to Windows 7 Pro. The Home Premium was not a OEM version and now I wanted to buy a OEM Windows 7 Pro version which costs 30€. Is it possible to upgrade a non OEM version with a OEM version or is this not working?

Many thanks in advance!

3. jsalpha2 Win User
    Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

Cons of using System Builder oem versions of Windows 7?

Heyas folks I'm getting ready to build a new computer and I'm thinking about using windows 7. Are there any cons to using the system builder oem versions of
    Windows 7 for myself as oppose to using a consumer upgrade version?

Emanon Retsim, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

1. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a... - Similar Threads - possible upgrade Free

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade: Yes I'm finally considering doing it. I've been hesitant because I have everything exactly how I want it and I know upgrading will change things around a bit (drivers/apps/game versions, etc). Can anyone thoroughly explain how to do this with a Windows 7 OEM key? I've jumped...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10: So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could...
  7. Using Windows 10 free upgrade for Win. 7

Using Windows 10 free upgrade for Win. 7: Hi, first, let me say I am not the smartest guy when it comes to computers. I am trying to use the free upgrade to Win. 10 on my Win. 7 pc that is here under the tutorial forum. Last night, I started the download for Win.10 installation media,and it went along without a...
  8. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?

Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?: I have four computers running Windows 7 that have to be upgraded to Windows 10. I have purchased the Win 10 System Builder OEM packages and downloaded version 1903 from MS. My question is am I able to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 with this version and keep all of my apps...
  9. Possible to move VM with Win-7 pro to Win-10 free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Possible to move VM with Win-7 pro to Win-10 free upgrade?: Hello, As the title states, I had a VM with Win-7 Pro Retail License. Upgraded the VM to free Win-10 Pro. But am wondering what would happen when I'm planning to replace the current unit at the end of the year and move VM to the new host. (of course the VM would be...
  10. Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?

Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?: I purchased a Windows seven OEM cd from Amazon to upgrade from vista. I'm now wanting to upgrade to ten and the installation using a usb stick gets to the screen where it asks for a product key. The OEM disk doesn't have one. the install apparently will not proceed. Is...