Windows 10: Is it possible to use a core edition product key for Windows 10 to activate a computer that...

Discus and support Is it possible to use a core edition product key for Windows 10 to activate a computer that... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The computer I am currently using was upgraded from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 LTSC. The license had expired quite some time ago, and only now have I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jman55, May 19, 2020.

1. Jman55 Win User

Is it possible to use a core edition product key for Windows 10 to activate a computer that...

The computer I am currently using was upgraded from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 LTSC. The license had expired quite some time ago, and only now have I gotten a new product key to fix this issue. However, the new product key I have is for Windows 10 Pro, which means that I can't actually use the key in my current situation. Is there any way for me to properly fix this scenario with what I have on hand?

:)

Jman55, May 19, 2020

2. windows 10 activation no product key

If it says it will expire, it might be a KMS activated installation which requires access to a business network.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation

Which edition is listed as installed, Home or Pro?

Check if there is a COA (Certificate of Authenticity) sticker attached to the laptop at the bottom or in the battery compartment.

If there is one for Windows 7, you could try using that product key.

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

If you have a matching key, then click Change product key then try entering it.

Andre Da Costa, May 19, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Two Computers Activated With The Same Product Key

Millions of computers have the same Windows 10 product keys.

Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions

That's because Windows 10 uses digital licenses for activation based upon the computers unique hardware IDs instead of product keys for activation. The only function of a unique product key in Windows 10 is to initially establish the digital license.

NavyLCDR, May 19, 2020
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Is it possible to use a core edition product key for Windows 10 to activate a computer that...

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use a core edition product key for Windows 10 to activate a computer that... - Similar Threads - possible core edition

2. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  3. is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit DVD from www.amazone.ae Dubai, UAE Text on the cover "WIN PRO 10 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD Version 20H2" , Build date:19-02-2022, Made in: USA, And I gently scratched and revealed the OEM Product Key. Is it possible to use the same...
  4. is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit DVD from www.amazone.ae Dubai, UAE Text on the cover "WIN PRO 10 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD Version 20H2" , Build date:19-02-2022, Made in: USA, And I gently scratched and revealed the OEM Product Key. Is it possible to use the same...
  5. is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Activating Windows 10 using product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 using product key: So I got windows 10 for my PC some time ago, but have only recently purchased a product key. Both are official not pirated. Upon opening the activation menu I get this messageI am connected to the internet through wifi yet this error will not go away. It also appears upon...
  7. Is it possible to use a retail Windows 7 key to activate Windows 10 on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use a retail Windows 7 key to activate Windows 10 on a new computer?: Around 11 years ago, I bought a Windows 7 Home Basic installation disk from a retail store and used it to activate Windows 7 on my old PC. I have no idea where the disk is now and that PC has been decommissioned. I still have the 25-character product key written down. Let’s...
  8. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?: Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or Official, I said Official, then he asked me for the Product Id, he doesn't know that Product Id and Key aren't the same things, so...
  9. Windows 10 activation using a product key

Windows 10 activation using a product key: When I bought y laptop a few years ago, it had Windows 8 installed. I later upgraded to Windows 10. The hard drive later crashed and when I replaced it, it had Windows 10 Pro installed, but this is now deactivated. I have since bought a Windows 10 Home Product key but I am...
  10. Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 8.1: Hello, I'm just wondering if I can use my Windows 10 Home product key to activate Windows 8.1. I recently started using Windows 8.1 in a Virtual Machine and I really like it and I want to downgrade my main machine from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1. Problem is that I don't own a...