Windows 10: Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit)

Discus and support Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently running a x32 version of Windows 10 with a x64-based processor. I wan to launch a game which requires a 64-bit OS. The reason I'm asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Kabbany, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently running a x32 version of Windows 10 with a x64-based processor. I wan to launch a game which requires a 64-bit OS. The reason I'm asking this question here, is to make sure I can use a normal USB stick you can buy from a shop to install the installation media for a x64 version of Windows 10 and boot it up after restart to install the x64 OS.

:)

Kevin Kabbany, Dec 23, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to buy Windows 10 Home 64 bit, download it to a usb fob and then install it on a new pc?

Is it possible to buy Windows 10 Home 64 bit, download it to a usb fob and then install it on a new pc?

Larry Beck 16, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit) - Similar Threads - possible normal USB

2. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  3. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  4. Windows 10 USB will only work with 32 bit not 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB will only work with 32 bit not 64 bit: When i boot the computer it gives me an option for 32 bit and 64 bit, when i choose 64 bit it goes to the screen of installing files and doesn't load the windows logo and screen is just blank but it works when i choose 32 bit and goes to Windows logo. What could cause this?...
  5. Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?

Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?: After investing a whole day to reinstall Windows 10 4 times, I still haven't managed to turn my 32 bit version into a 64 bit version. I know that I used to have a 64 bit version on this pc, but then I mistakenly made a 32 bit version when I reinstalled it. Now my question:...
  6. Installing 64 Bit Windows 10

Installing 64 Bit Windows 10: I built a PC and was trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, however it wouldn't let me. So I tried to put my USB in a another computer to test and it worked. I then tried 32 bit Windows 10 in my computer and it worked. I was wondering if this may be a driver issue. I installed...
  7. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  8. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...
  9. Using a programme on 32 Bit Windows 10 but not able to install it on 64 bit?

Using a programme on 32 Bit Windows 10 but not able to install it on 64 bit?: My computer has a new hard-drive which has windows 10 64 bit installed. I have a cd of "Quicken" Version 7.0 which is for Windows 3.5, 95 & 98, which is installed on another computer. It was also installed on windows 10 32 bit but the 64 bit won't allow it to be installed....
  10. using a windows usb flash drive installation as a normal usb stick

using a windows usb flash drive installation as a normal usb stick: after running the media creation tool on an empty usb flash drive can i copy additional files onto it? i would like to transfer some files using the space that is left empty from the old system i ran the media creation tool on to my new one will the installation still work...