Windows 10: Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lets say that instead of downloading the latest 1803 ISO someone wanted to use a previously downloaded old Windows 10 ISO..1609, 1703 etc to clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?

Lets say that instead of downloading the latest 1803 ISO someone wanted to use a previously downloaded old Windows 10 ISO..1609, 1703 etc to clean install Windows 10. Would it successfully install you right up to date to version 1803. Or are you not supposed to do that. Could there be issues?
    There must be occasions where someones hard drive has failed and they need to clean install Windows 10 to a new hard drive but have no way of downloading the latest Windows 10 ISO first but they have a previously downloaded older Windows 10 ISO that they could use. Could the old ISO be used to clean install Windows 10 right up to the latest version without issues?

:)

sportsfan148, Jul 30, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 30, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?

1. Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10? - Similar Threads - possible old ISO

2. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  3. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  4. Possible to upgrade clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade clean install: I have several dell computers with Windows 7 Pro on them and need to upgrade them to 10 before support for 7 falls off in January. Is it possible to do a clean fresh install using my original windows 7 Pro key code or must i do a upgrade which i rather not do? 131433
  5. Possible to use an old code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible to use an old code: Is it possible for me to use a windows 10 code that has been used before (i didnt link it though). Like Ive already activated it on my old pc and i built a new pc so is it possible for me to use that code again....
  6. Windows 10 UPG iso - clean install

Windows 10 UPG iso - clean install: Where download from ? Any link ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upg-iso-clean-install/d66b0366-0302-4d95-9c96-e83d4246da73
  7. clean installation window 10 by iso file

clean installation window 10 by iso file: steps for clean installation by iso file of windows 10 home single https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-installation-window-10-by-iso-file/cadf2f20-bffa-43e1-8b44-b231a7a8070f
  8. Clean Install - Windows 10 used my old desktop wallpaper. How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clean Install - Windows 10 used my old desktop wallpaper. How?: Hey all, I have just installed the new Anniversary Windows 10 by clean installing, not upgrading over the previous version. Something odd has happened though, can't explain it. My process: 1. Downloaded the latest build to a USB using the media creation tool; 2....
  9. Clean install now possible?

Clean install now possible?: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool method. Can I now follow Brink's tutorial for a clean install, or did I have to use the Get Windows 10 App for a clean install to work? 10181
  10. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.: I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092