Windows 10: Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time?

Discus and support Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried to use the Surface Headphones for use in voip program while listening to video in the background. The call is a general voice call that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yagi_K, May 12, 2020.

1. Yagi_K Win User

Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time?

I have tried to use the Surface Headphones for use in voip program while listening to video in the background. The call is a general voice call that is always on, but I have found that when the mic is on with the surface headphones only the headset channel works. Is this as designed or is there a way to use both the Headphones channel and the headset channel while the mic is active. Both channels workwhile the mic is off which makes me think its a bug or an oversight.

Just to be clear. This is the two audio channels you get for SH1

Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time? 205b3ae4-4cd4-4ce9-bce6-06747b1eed1c?upload=true.jpg

Also just a small follow up. I find that the mic disables quite often and you have to reconnect in order for it to work again. I feel like this product wasn't designed to work with Windows..

:)

Yagi_K, May 12, 2020
  2. ste2425 Win User

*TPU's Gaming Headphone/Headset Thread*

is this just for headphones/headsets or is stereo's listed also?

ste2425, May 12, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time? :p

cadaveca, May 12, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Output and input audio won't work at the same time on headset

Hello,

The set up of the microphone and speaker will depend on the audio software that you're using. Usually, it should be set up as
    headphone to use the microphone and speaker at the same time. If you choose between
    Headset and Microphone it means that is the only thing that you'll be using. The main reason why when you chose headset the built-in microphone on your laptop will automatically be activated.

To isolate the issue, there are a lot of ways why you're unable to use your headphone on your laptop. There's a possibility that the driver for your device needs to be updated, audio application needs to be updated as well or an issue with your hardware/headphone.
    To help you better, can you answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When did you successfully use your headphone?

Meanwhile, we recommend updating your drivers. To do so, follow the steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use as Headphones & Headset at same time? - Similar Threads - possible Headphones Headset

2. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  3. Is it possible to pair 2 bluetooth headphones and output sound at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to pair 2 bluetooth headphones and output sound at the same time?: I have 2 pairs of Sony XM4 and I'm trying to find a way to pair both to windows so my partner and I can watch shows together. Using a 3.5mm splitter isn't ideal because the cables are short. From what I can see looking this up, it seems it's not possible because of how...
  4. Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether my headset is my Bluetooth one or my USB wired one, any time I try to use the headset microphone, the headphones won't play...
  5. Is using Windows Sonic For Headphones on a 7.1 headset basically the same using Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is using Windows Sonic For Headphones on a 7.1 headset basically the same using Windows...: What I mean by this is that if by using Windows Sonic For Headphones as my Spatial Sound option does that basically negate the function of my 7.1 surround headset so it basically could be a stereo headset adn sound the same? submitted by /u/XK-Class [link] [comments]...
  6. Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time

Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time: Hi, on my windows 10 computer, anytime I try to use my microphone, my audio immediately cuts out. I've fiddled with the sound control panel tons, but nothing seems to work. It happens no matter what kind of headphones I'm using also, so I'm really not sure what to do. I've...
  7. Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time

Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time: Is there a way to have both speakers and headphones active at the same time? Have a Dell Alienware. Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Bose Computer Monitor Speakers & Beoplay H4, Bluetooth, headphones. All drivers, from what I can see, are the latest. Problem: I can have either...
  8. Headset Mic and Speakers cannot be used at the same time

Headset Mic and Speakers cannot be used at the same time: I have a problem with my headset. Whenever I go into Discord or another app that uses the microphone, the speakers on my headset stop working, so its either I hear them but they cant hear me or I cant hear them and they can hear me. I have tried giving applications exclusive...
  9. is there a software-solution to use 2 headsets at the same time ?

is there a software-solution to use 2 headsets at the same time ?: Hello, there was plenty of time where i wanted to watch a movie or a play a game with a friend or gf late at night and we had to use the headset, but we just couldn't cause windows doesn't support that (or its very well hidden). I have plenty of USB headsets, some of...
  10. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.: I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can...