Windows 10: Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

Discus and support Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago my Asus desktop pc will only turn on by pressing power on button several times until pc starts..so i ordered another power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treblefree, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

Hello,

A few days ago my Asus desktop pc will only turn on by pressing power on button several times until pc starts..so i
    ordered another power switch cable from Asus spares ...but unfortunately the one ordered did not come with the plastic switch holder as it is unavailable....i can't use this pc now.

When fitting the power switch into the existing holder one of the lugs inside the holder broke therefore the small power microswitch does not sit in properly.

My question is can... another mouse be used to turn on pc...by assigning say the right mouse button as 'power on'

I believe you have go into the bios-power management settings somewhere ...and would plugging a secondary mouse cause some issues with the main primary one.

Using a back up pc for now.

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Jul 24, 2019
  2. WhyMe Win User

PC turns on, No signal, keyboard/mouse.

Do you own or can you borrow/get hold of a multimeter?

What is your beep code? These are the codes listed by Asus for your board.

Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ? [​IMG]

WhyMe, Jul 24, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

1. Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ? - Similar Threads - possible keyboard mouse

2. My pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesn't turn on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesn't turn on.: Hi my pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesnt turn on , i have tried a different hdmi cable , and i have tried multiple other things to make it work but it non have worked . Could anyone please give me any suggestions on how to fix this problem....
  3. My pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesn't turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesn't turn on.: Hi my pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesnt turn on , i have tried a different hdmi cable , and i have tried multiple other things to make it work but it non have worked . Could anyone please give me any suggestions on how to fix this problem....
  4. My pc turns on but my keyboard mouse and monitor doesn't turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC lights and fans turn on but not screen, keyboard, or mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lights and fans turn on but not screen, keyboard, or mouse.: I’ve had some pc problems this whole week, from start ups taking forever, and it going to sleep and not be able to turn back on, and now when I turn it on, i can hear its little start up noises of the fan and such, the leds light up but nothing happens, my screen doesnt light...
  6. PC lights and fans turn on but not screen, keyboard, or mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lights and fans turn on but not screen, keyboard, or mouse.: I’ve had some pc problems this whole week, from start ups taking forever, and it going to sleep and not be able to turn back on, and now when I turn it on, i can hear its little start up noises of the fan and such, the leds light up but nothing happens, my screen doesnt light...
  7. PC lights and fans turn on but not screen, keyboard, or mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC turns on but no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns on but no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor: I built my PC around 3 months ago and I have had no problems up until now. When I turn my PC on, all the fans spin on the case and on my CPU cooler and GPU. There is an orange LED that turns on on my motherboard in the bottom left. However, the lights on my keyboard and...
  9. Cannot use Mouse and Keyboard with PC anymore.

Cannot use Mouse and Keyboard with PC anymore.: My PC has apparently stopped reading my Keyboard and Mouse. I think this has to do with a problem with the USB ports itself and not my mouse and keyboard. Whenever I start my PC my Keyboard's RGB lights light up so it is connected, but when my PC asks for my password the...
  10. PC turns on, No signal, keyboard/mouse.

PC turns on, No signal, keyboard/mouse.: So I was in my bios and I changed my CPU mode offset sign from + to -, I saved the settings and exited. When the PC restarted it came on perfectly fine but I am getting no signal on my monitor and my razer keyboard & mouse aren't coming on or lighting up. My motherboard is...