Windows 10: Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely?

Discus and support Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, my wife and I have just purchased 3 new windows 10 pcs HP 250 G7 laptops for our kids to use at school in class time. We have setup... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AdamEdgar, Feb 18, 2020.

1. AdamEdgar Win User

Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely?

Hi guys,

my wife and I have just purchased 3 new windows 10 pcs HP 250 G7 laptops for our kids to use at school in class time.

We have setup Microsoft family on these devices and our kids have been added to our family.

I have added their accounts as child accounts and we would also like to take this a step further...is it possible for us to actually view the computer screen/s of these new laptops remotely, so we can see what our kids are up to even when they are not on our home network?

If so,

1. what is required and how do we achieve that goal?

2. would the solution be "covert" ie child account doesn't actually know we are watching remotely

kind regards

Adam

:)

AdamEdgar, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are having this issue. One of the reasons could your account might not be configured properly. To resolve this, let us reconfigure your Family Safety feature:

Remove child account

• From a web browser, go to http://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

Add child account to your family

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Update us with the result so we can further help you.

Anne Fuj, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely?

Child activity reporting

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely? - Similar Threads - possible microsoft family

2. With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?: My child wants to be able to plan ahead in using their allotted screen time set using Microsoft Family. Is there a way they can view the remaining screen time on their device? It would be great if they could see a countdown timer. Thanks...
  3. With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With Microsoft Family, how can a child view their remaining screentime?: My child wants to be able to plan ahead in using their allotted screen time set using Microsoft Family. Is there a way they can view the remaining screen time on their device? It would be great if they could see a countdown timer. Thanks...
  4. Device not listed for child account in family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Device not listed for child account in family: I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a standard user.However after child sign-in, the Microsoft family pape still showsConnected Devices:0for the child. That's why I...
  5. My child has left Microsoft family :-

My child has left Microsoft family :-: HI I am aware that a child cannot leave the family. We have a laptop where we are the administrator and my son, who is 15 with a condition has always had a standard user account with restrictions in place which he absolutely rejects. Being the smart one he is though, this...
  6. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...
  7. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  8. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...
  9. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...
  10. Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage Screen Time for Windows 10 and Xbox One Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to...