Windows 10: Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output?

Discus and support Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, i've a new main monitor; the built-in speakers sound sucks and I'll get new speakers by Christmas. My old main monitor doesn't fit on the desk in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sephirothbahamut, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output?

Hi,

i've a new main monitor; the built-in speakers sound sucks and I'll get new speakers by Christmas. My old main monitor doesn't fit on the desk in any visible spot, but it fits behind the new monitor. So I was thinking of connecting all the 3 monitors to my pc, with the main and secondary visible with video output, and the old monitor behind the new one. That would mean extra work for the gpu and I might lose the mouse and some windows in a monitor I can't see.

So, is there any way to tell windows a specific hdmi output has to be not used as video output, but only for audio?

submitted by /u/sephirothbahamut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sephirothbahamut, Dec 1, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output? [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2)

I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing.

Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled surround but it doesnt work

Pc specs : ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-6G-GAMING

Intel i5-9600k

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

UncleDemonTTV, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output?

Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output?

1. Is it possible to use one monitor only as sound output? - Similar Threads - possible monitor sound

2. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  3. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  4. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Window only outputting to one monitor at any given time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window only outputting to one monitor at any given time: Only one monitor is getting an output at one given time, I have 2 plugged into my GPU and only one is detecting a signal, when i unplug the cable to the working monitor, the other one suddenly works and gets a display. If i replug the cable to the first monitor, the first one...
  6. Window only outputting to one monitor at any given time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window only outputting to one monitor at any given time: Only one monitor is getting an output at one given time, I have 2 plugged into my GPU and only one is detecting a signal, when i unplug the cable to the working monitor, the other one suddenly works and gets a display. If i replug the cable to the first monitor, the first one...
  7. Only 1 external monitor outputted

Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  8. Is it possible to use HDMI for audio output only?

Is it possible to use HDMI for audio output only?: Hello, sorry, I don't know if this is a Windows driver question or graphic card related support. I have a weird setup and it's the following: I have a Laptop Dell G5 with RTX 2060 and I use the DVI port for a monitor. I have a samsung soundbar and I have it connected via...
  9. Monitor is only audio output detectable.

Monitor is only audio output detectable.: Hello, I am running windows 10 on my new PC, I have a Predator monitor hooked up. my computer does not detect my headset or microphone when I plug them into their jacks. the only sound output goes through my monitor. I can hook up speakers directly to the monitor, but my...
  10. Is it possible to have only one monitor shuffle wallpapers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to have only one monitor shuffle wallpapers?: I have two monitors and I was wondering if it is possible to have one monitor have a static wallpaper and the other shuffle wallpapers. 27257