Windows 10: Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair?

Discus and support Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair? Iv used the media creation tool before, I was sure I didnt have access to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bm219, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Bm219 Win User

Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair?

Iv used the media creation tool before, I was sure I didnt have access to windows at the time.Iv just tried to use it again with the keep files option and actually it only works launching from Windows.

I have had problems and mostly I like troubleshooting myself, its great this tool exists because I hardly ever create system images and I keep all files on separate drives.It is painful re-installing apps but really i cant complain.

Should i be creating system backups or just stick with fresh installs?

Anyway thanks,

Brodie.

:)

Bm219, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

can't use the media creation tool to repair missing or corrupted system files in win 10

Hi,

The error code that you're receiving might have something to do either with where you've downloaded the Media Creation Tool and with how it was installed on your computer. We'd like to know more details about this issue so we could provide the best resolution
    that will fix your issue. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you download the Media Creation Tool from this link?
    • What issue are you trying to fix by installing the Media Creation Tool?
    • At what part of the operation are you encountering this error code?

Data file corruption can be dealt with other troubleshooting steps like using the SFC/ DISM and the like. If you haven't tried to use these troubleshooters, we suggest that you do so and refer to this article for a complete guide on how to fix this issue
    by
    using System File Checker in Windows 10

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Jaune Bel, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair?

Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Eileen Gal, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair? - Similar Threads - possible media creation

2. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system: Hi, my system is unstable and I'd like to do a clean install but I only have the DVD for Windows 7 Ultimate - I upgraded to 10 Pro as part of the free offer.I tried to create an installation USB using the Media Creation Tool, but it sticks at 0% because my network status is...
  3. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system: Hi, my system is unstable and I'd like to do a clean install but I only have the DVD for Windows 7 Ultimate - I upgraded to 10 Pro as part of the free offer.I tried to create an installation USB using the Media Creation Tool, but it sticks at 0% because my network status is...
  4. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "OptionalComponentOpenPackageFailed" during Repair install using Media Creation Tool

"OptionalComponentOpenPackageFailed" during Repair install using Media Creation Tool: Hi guys. My specs: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05333465 Windows Version number: 2004 19041.572 Situation Description: At some point I needed to turn DirectPlay on, but my "Turn Windows Feature On And Off" dialog was empty. Plus after further investigation I...
  6. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  7. Media Creation Tools Crashes System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tools Crashes System: Whenever I run MediaCreationTool2004.exe on my Windows 10 machine, the system crashes and restarts. I check Event Viewer in the MMC and I get an Event ID 41 and Task Category 63. I am running on the latest update, and tried using compatibility troubleshooter to see if that...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't repair Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool

Can't repair Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool: Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with some Windows features, as a result I want to Repair windows using and USB drive and the Media Creation Tool. All is good when I boot to the USB. However, after pressing "next" on the window and clicking on repair (bottom left), it...
  10. Can’t repair Windows’s with media creation tool using flash drive

Can’t repair Windows’s with media creation tool using flash drive: I’ve been having serious issues with my pc that started this morning. My pc was being extremely slow after I closed Steam because it was lagging so I decided to restart my pc. When I did on startup it said it was fixing files and I let it go through with it, but when it...