Windows 10: Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?

Discus and support Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dell prebuilt that has been upgraded by a free tech hand me downs, and it works pretty well, I was recently given a second set of speakers. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilikeplanes101, May 11, 2020.

1. Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?

I have a dell prebuilt that has been upgraded by a free tech hand me downs, and it works pretty well, I was recently given a second set of speakers. Is it possible to have two sets working together for surround sound?

submitted by /u/ilikeplanes101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilikeplanes101, May 11, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound? :p

cadaveca, May 11, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    5.1 surround sound not working :/

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to output 5.1 audio from your PC, the sound card of your computer should have the support for it. Not all soundcards can output 5.1 surround signal. However, you can try the following steps and see if it works.

• Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select
      Sounds to open the sound Properties window.
    • Go to the Playback tab and right click on your 5.1 speakers and select Set as Default.
    • Right click on the speaker again and select Configure.
    • In the speaker setup window, select 5.1 surround and click Next.
    • Check all the checkboxes under optional speakers and click Next.
    • Check the checkboxes under Select full-range speakers if applicable and click Next.
    • Click the Finish button once the configuration completes and see if you get the desired output audio signal.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 11, 2020
  4. Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?

Windows 10 surround sound settings

I have a Vizio surround sound system that i just installed in my living room. Its 5.1 surround and it has a sound bar, sub, and two satellite speakers. I have the surround sound enabled and it works, however in the pictures of the speaker layouts in the
    surround sound configuration settings, it shows left front, right front, center front, a sub, and left and right rear speakers. I only have right front and left front speakers (inside the soundbar) and they work, however when i try to test the rear speakers,
    no sound comes out of them when i click test, and no sound comes when i click test on the sub. However, when i click test on the front left and right, sound comes from the front speakers and rear speakers. The surround sound works really well outside of the
    settings though, however i'm not getting any center sound (obviously because i have no center speaker channel in the sound bar) and i miss some sounds in music and video games. Is there any way to change the number of speakers and the layout of the speakers
    instead of going by a preset option? i've messed around with the settings a bit but cannot find any obvious solution.

SRTHellcat18, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?

1. Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound? - Similar Threads - possible different sets

2. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  3. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  4. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  5. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  6. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  7. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  8. Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?: I want to set printer 1 as my default for my Adobe application and printer 2 as my default for MS Word. Is this possible? submitted by /u/Raidho27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9sr6/is_it_possible_to_set_different_default_printers/
  9. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10 Is possible???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 Surround sound in windows 10 Is possible???: I have a Dell XPS 8900 Service Tag HXG 0642 with all updated Device Drivers. This computer has a Realtek card that no longer reproduces 5.1 sound. Performing the tests by Dell Audio MaxxAudio Pro without problems everything works fine. Performing the playback tests of...
  10. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...