Windows 10: Is it possible to use Windows "Storage Spaces" for the boot (C) drive?

Discus and support Is it possible to use Windows "Storage Spaces" for the boot (C) drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want redundancy for my primary (C) boot drive and I wanted to use Storage Spaces to do a 2-way mirror, but I can't figure out how to set it up? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlexHimself, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Is it possible to use Windows "Storage Spaces" for the boot (C) drive?

I want redundancy for my primary (C) boot drive and I wanted to use Storage Spaces to do a 2-way mirror, but I can't figure out how to set it up?

Is it possible to do it for a primary drive? Specifically one that already contains a Win10 install?

I have two identical SSD's. I was hoping I could just add the second one as a mirror.

submitted by /u/AlexHimself
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlexHimself, Aug 5, 2020

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Aug 5, 2020
  3. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is it possible to use Windows "Storage Spaces" for the boot (C) drive?

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to use Windows "Storage Spaces" for the boot (C) drive?

1. Is it possible to use Windows "Storage Spaces" for the boot (C) drive? - Similar Threads - possible Storage Spaces

2. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  3. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  4. C drive used space high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive used space high: Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19, Office Student 2007, Cortana.It looks as if there is at least 165 GB unaccounted for.How do I find what is there and how to...
  5. extend c drive storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  6. Storage Space of C Drive

Storage Space of C Drive: I am facing a serious issue, my C Drive is getting full automatically, even after I clean-up temporary files and other unwanted stuffs. Please tell me some points to resolve this issue...
  7. Storage space in Drive C

Storage space in Drive C: How do you increase the storage space in Drive C? I have added a new disk to my laptop creating an extra drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-in-drive-c/6e415259-4f48-4d7d-a703-2a5df41589fe"
  8. Need more storage space on C: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more storage space on C: drive.: Tried deleting all files not needed to free up space on my computer, by using disk cleanup and manually, but my computer continues to tell me more space is needed to update Windows 10 software it only updates 95% of 100%. I don't want to keep going and delete the wrong...
  9. Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?: I'm trying to create a storage pool for parity with 4 3TB drives and use 3TB of a 4TB drive that also has my OS. When I go to create the pool the 4 3TB drives show up but the unallocated space on the 4TB with my OS doesn't show up. I have done some research and heard...
  10. drive C used space is gaining

in Windows 10 Support
    drive C used space is gaining: For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any...