Windows 10: Is it possible to view printer installation and delete history?

Discus and support Is it possible to view printer installation and delete history? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to know if someone is randomly deleting one printer from one computer and then adding it back at work. We are using a software which randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/megapowa, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible to view printer installation and delete history?

I need to know if someone is randomly deleting one printer from one computer and then adding it back at work. We are using a software which randomly stop printing with this specific printer but we can't detect any faulty with the printer nor with windows. And there is a suspicion that someone might intentionally fucking around with the device installation.

Is it possible to view a printer installation date?

submitted by /u/megapowa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/megapowa, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Printer error

Hi,

I suggest you to run in-built Printer troubleshooter and check. Refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Printer to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is it possible to view printer installation and delete history?

Printer not printing after install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Priter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Printer troubleshooter

If that issue persist try to install the latest drivers in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to view printer installation and delete history?

1. Is it possible to view printer installation and delete history? - Similar Threads - possible view printer

2. Can installed apps view browser history/bookmarks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can installed apps view browser history/bookmarks?: Hello. I love using Windows for browsing and shopping, but it's also a great OS to game on. This requires installing games outside of the Windows Store and giving UAC permissions to games in order for them to function properly. Does this prompt grant them access to sensitive...
  3. Can installed apps view browser history/bookmarks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can installed apps view browser history/bookmarks?: Hello. I love using Windows for browsing and shopping, but it's also a great OS to game on. This requires installing games outside of the Windows Store and giving UAC permissions to games in order for them to function properly. Does this prompt grant them access to sensitive...
  4. View or Store Activity History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View or Store Activity History: As I am reading and also deleting multiple trash emails in my Outlook mail, the following message appears on my screen:"You can only view or store activity history from this device. Synching activities across other devices is no longer available." WHY NOT ? I didn't change...
  5. Deleting multiple printer installations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting multiple printer installations: My Windows 10 has accumulated multiple instances of the same two printer installations. Some are named copy 1, copy 2, etc. One is greyed out. One, the only install of that printer shown in Devices and Printers is actually labeled Copy 1. Is there any way to clean up...
  6. Viewing File Upload History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing File Upload History: I have a situation that I really need some assistance with. On August 26th, 2020 we uploaded 10 individual files from our Drop Box account to a federal government portal. This was in response to a contracting opportunity. During the upload process, after each file was...
  7. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  8. View the history of the clipboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    View the history of the clipboard.: Hello, Is there a way to view the history of the clipboard without using the Windows key + V, please? Or can I change this shortcut? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-the-history-of-the-clipboard/f2885cf7-e8bf-44ce-9a4e-0c1e3eca7349
  9. printer history

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer history: Is there a place I can go to re-print documents that are no longer in the que? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-history/195df945-707b-4ae6-9e30-7a76842e6170
  10. view scan history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    view scan history: Where is the Windows Defender scan history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/view-scan-history/c6a07c60-51eb-4e3e-a74d-c2e7e3a8d94f"