Windows 10: is it possible to wheel scroll while dragging?

Discus and support is it possible to wheel scroll while dragging? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just made the switch from MacOS to Windows 10 and I notice that I can't drag and wheel scroll at the same time. This was something I used a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kingofmonkeys, May 14, 2020.

1. is it possible to wheel scroll while dragging?

Hi, I just made the switch from MacOS to Windows 10 and I notice that I can't drag and wheel scroll at the same time. This was something I used a lot in the Finder and the layers panel in photoshop. I know I can drag an element to the bottom or top to scroll, but isn't as fast and precise. So, is there something I can do to enable scrolling while dragging in windows?

thanks in advance

:)

kingofmonkeys, May 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Scrolling vertically while dragging items into folders in Outlook

I have a huge list of Folders in Outlook, and moving emails from the inbox into their designated folder takes forever when I use the traditional way of holding the pointer at the bottom of the scrollable list.

Is it possible to scroll a vertical list of items while dragging in Windows 10 using the scroll wheel on my mouse?

Fontanka16, May 14, 2020
  4. is it possible to wheel scroll while dragging?

How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

Great answer. Too bad it's not for the question that the OP asked, which was;

"How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS"

ShrykePotPie, May 14, 2020
Thema:

is it possible to wheel scroll while dragging?

1. is it possible to wheel scroll while dragging? - Similar Threads - possible wheel scroll

2. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll wheel not working: Scroll wheel only works within Windows 10, eg settings, device manager etc, but not in any other software, eg browser, Outlook, Excel etc. This applies to any mouse used. Have followed all online suggestions so far with no luck....
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging: I recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and I can no longer scroll in file explorer while "holding" a file by clicking and dragging. For example, if you have a folder with a large number of items, you arrange it by name, you want to move file zxy.txt into a Folder named...
  5. File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging

File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging: I recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and I can no longer scroll in file explorer while "holding" a file by clicking and dragging. For example, if you have a folder with a large number of items, you arrange it by name, you want to move file zxy.txt into a Folder named...
  6. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deactivate Scroll Wheel: Hello,I have an very old server running on VNC. The server predates mouse wheels and crashes completely if someone attempts to scroll. Multiple people use the server and every other month I need to restart it. due the issue. Which takes a while and stops a couple of processes...
  7. Disable Scroll Wheel?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Scroll Wheel?: My Mouse is on the fritz and wont stop randomly scrolling up and down, it stops when i unplug the mouse and happens in any usb port so i'm pretty sure its just a hardware issue. Until i get a new mouse how can i disable the mouse scroll? tried googling but finding no answer....
  8. Is it possible to reverse the direction the page moves with the scroll wheel?

Is it possible to reverse the direction the page moves with the scroll wheel?: This is an accessibility thing. My hand gets more tired scrolling down than up. I move the page down much more often. Would it be possible to reverse the direction the page moves with the scroll wheel? submitted by /u/onearmedgeek [link] [comments]...
  9. Scroll Wheel

Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  10. no scroll wheel in mail

no scroll wheel in mail: Understand first that I am talking about the mail program that comes built in to Windows 10. Understand also that there is nothing wrong with my mouse or with its operation in any other program. Finally, understand that my mouse can move the elevator bars in windows 10 to...