Windows 10: Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...

Discus and support Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Laptop That Doesn't Have an Operating System Anymore: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC - Used To Have Windows 10 Home But Does Not Anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Wissa, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...

The Laptop That Doesn't Have an Operating System Anymore: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC - Used To Have Windows 10 Home But Does Not Anymore

:)

John Wissa, Jun 22, 2022
  2. Erika Aro Win User

can't restore files to a new laptop using file history.

Hi John,

The path of the drive may differ from the new laptop to the old laptop. It depends on where you plugged in the external hard drive. At this point, we'd like to ask the following to assist you better:

• Was the hard drive before a storage drive only or a main hard drive of a computer?
    • What type of files were you trying to restore?
    • Can you please send screenshots of how you restore your files? Blur any personal information for your security.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Erika Aro, Jun 22, 2022
  3. silkstone Win User
    Possible to upgrade laptop?

Hi guys,

I'm running the laptop in my sig, but it is starting to feel a little underpowered for some tasks. I was wondering whether it would be possible to upgrade to something like a i7-740m proccessor?

My laptop specs are in the link here

as you can see, there are different models with different processors, so even though mine is a 330M, one would assume it could be changed to any of those other cpus listed, correct?

the 740m is not listed and has a power draw of 45w (over 35w for my i3) would this be a problem?

Any advice is appreciated

silkstone, Jun 22, 2022
  4. n-ster Win User

Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...

n-ster, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...

1. Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used... - Similar Threads - possible restore point

2. Using Backup & Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Backup & Restore: I want to use Backup and Restore to transfer programs and data to a new computer, but the old computer may have been hacked; is there a danger that I will bring the malware to that new computer?...
  3. Using Backup & Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Backup & Restore: I want to use Backup and Restore to transfer programs and data to a new computer, but the old computer may have been hacked; is there a danger that I will bring the malware to that new computer?...
  4. Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...: The Laptop That Doesn't Have an Operating System Anymore: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC - Used To Have Windows 10 Home But Does Not Anymore...
  5. I Used Restore Point And It Corrupted My Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Used Restore Point And It Corrupted My Laptop: so i wanted to use restore point cuz After the Update my pc screen kept going black all of a sudden randomly and i cant scroll using Two Fingers So i used it and after it did its things it brought me to my desktop saying it was successful and the laptop froze, couldn't move...
  6. Possible to find/use a Restore Point after using the "Reset PC" Function?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to find/use a Restore Point after using the "Reset PC" Function?: Hi there! I'm trying to help someone who inadvertently used the "Reset this PC" feature and used the "Keep Files" option (thankfully). However, it obviously removes all applications. Is it possible to locate a restore point from prior to doing the Reset? I already...
  7. Using An Old Laptop For Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using An Old Laptop For Backup: Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium. Here is the current situation: 1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home 2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop What are the options to use the old laptop...
  8. Using Restore Points

Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  9. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  10. Is it possible to backup Restore points?

Is it possible to backup Restore points?: Hi. Is it possible to backup Restore points? as i have a program that deletes them, so i would like to backup them before installation, and restore them afterwards. Thanks in advance. 57974