Windows 10: is it possible...

Discus and support is it possible... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...to finalize a cd-r after it was burned on a different device? My problem is that the church I go to frequently has a soundman who for some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by REDSHIFT1, Apr 10, 2016.

1. REDSHIFT1 Win User

is it possible...

...to finalize a cd-r after it was burned on a different device? My problem is that the church I go to frequently has a soundman who for some reason fails 90% of the time to finalize a cd-r after it is burned. The cd burner is not a computer: it is a stand-alone unit (combined with a cassette deck) connected to audio just like a cassette deck. After a disc is recorded (during the services) it must be "finalized" in order to operate on any other cd player. Typically, I have to just wait until I can get access to the unit itself to do it.

Is it possible to use this pc to do the finalization process? I have a Dell XPS 8300 with Windows 10.

:)

REDSHIFT1, Apr 10, 2016
  2. Marc Cai Win User

is it possible to locate missing device if it is offline by using windows 10 or google?

Hi Antoinette,

Locating the lost PC, offline or online, will not be possible since it does not have a cellular modem. The PC that was lost has to be reported to the nearest authority on your place, in order for you to have legal assistance to retrieve it.

Regards.

Marc Cai, Apr 10, 2016
  3. is it Is it possible to save Windows10 to a disk or thumb drive and boot from your old windows

Can I do a clean install using the Free upgrade?

No, it will require that you are running a previous qualifying version and start the upgrade from within the qualifying version. You can initiate a clean install after completing the Upgrade.

If you need the PVR (personal video recorder) features in Windows Media Center, then
    Media Portal is one alternative. If you just want a simple video player, I like
    MPC-HC (Media Player Classic
    – Home Cinema), but
    VLC
    will do the job. All three are open source and free.

Source:
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/jun/25/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-7-questions-answered

Also Microsoft stopped active development of Media Center for nearly six years now. Why? Small percentage of Windows users were using it, about 6 million out of 1.5 billion. Also, they had to pay license fees for every copy of Windows sold with it, even
    if it wasn't being used.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

is it possible...

Depends on the software you have on the PC.

If the CD-R wasn't finalized, and the PC software can read it (Nero, for example) then you should be able to work on it and then finalize it.

If that cd burner used something proprietary in it's burning format, then you're stuck.

In the end, it's all conjecture - if you have a disc - try it.

RWOne, Apr 10, 2016
  5. REDSHIFT1 Win User
    Well no software I have will read them. Typically either I get "blank" disc or "read" error. Regardless altho the pc will recognize there is a disc in the drive, I cannot find any option to finalize. Only "erase". And yes I have tried.

REDSHIFT1, Apr 11, 2016
  6. kipper Win User
    kipper, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

is it possible...

1. is it possible... - Similar Threads - possible

2. one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why: Correlation Id: 8114636c-df74-46a6-94ac-92c81795c600Timestamp: 2024-04-25T20:40:15.000ZDPTI: 19d2c5aab8c2582f3c802a9532b56e66e1b2569c607143519404cde8f8fdd2abError Tag: 7q6caError Code: -2147023174...
  3. one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why: Correlation Id: 8114636c-df74-46a6-94ac-92c81795c600Timestamp: 2024-04-25T20:40:15.000ZDPTI: 19d2c5aab8c2582f3c802a9532b56e66e1b2569c607143519404cde8f8fdd2abError Tag: 7q6caError Code: -2147023174...
  4. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  5. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  6. How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...: I have tried out all the possible solutions listed but it went in vain. Also tried changing it from control panel and also removing startup apps. This issue has started on its own suddenly....
  7. How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...

How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...: I have tried out all the possible solutions listed but it went in vain. Also tried changing it from control panel and also removing startup apps. This issue has started on its own suddenly....
  8. Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...: Hello.To further explain the situation, i have two computers. Both with different hardware configurations. What i want to do is take a new SSD, format it and install windows 11 with the license i already own, and if possible buy and add a second license to that installation...
  9. Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...

Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...: Hello.To further explain the situation, i have two computers. Both with different hardware configurations. What i want to do is take a new SSD, format it and install windows 11 with the license i already own, and if possible buy and add a second license to that installation...
  10. Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?

Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?: Hello,My touchpad stopped working and it was visible in "hidden devices". While trying to fix it I uninstalled it, hoping it will reapear as "normal" device. Well, it clearly didn't and by not thinking too much I also got rid of some usefull information that were visible in...