Windows 10: Is It Practical To Switch Back To Win 7?

Discus and support Is It Practical To Switch Back To Win 7? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have so many problems with Win 10 that I want to change back to Win 7. Is it practical to do a clean install of Win 7 after previously migrating all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Patgard, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Patgard Win User

Is It Practical To Switch Back To Win 7?

I have so many problems with Win 10 that I want to change back to Win 7. Is it practical to do a clean install of Win 7 after previously migrating all my programs to Win 10? Will I just have to go back to Win 10 in the future?

:)

Patgard, Sep 22, 2016

2. Error code 0x800704CF when i try to download app from windows 10 store..what is solution??

I'd like some feedback on the Windows Store reporting an error with the hex address 0x800704CF.

I've followed this thread and performed suggested operations save for the proxy fix as I'm not using a proxy.

My problem with the Windows store on this particular laptop still persists.

I'd appreciate some help.

Thank You!

About-to-switch-to-Linux, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 issue with typing and drop downs

I had the same exact issue after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Spent many hours online looking for a solution. Tried the ones listed above. No luck.

What's the point of having a new shiny OS when you can't type anything Is It Practical To Switch Back To Win 7? :) My daughter was so mad after the upgrade since she couldn't do her homework anymore on the laptop.

This morning I reverted to . It was so easy to go , just one click and after 5mins you are . That's the only silver lining, the only good thing Microsoft had thought about while coming up with Win10. It's such a relief
    now. I can finally type.. woo hoo...

Adios Win10. See you later or NOT.

Back to Win7, Sep 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Your PC isn't compatible with Win 10 according to this list
    Windows 10 - Which model supports upgrade to Windows 10?

- I couldn't quickly find one for the USA so you could check that as it could be a US only model.

If you had been using disk imaging, you could simply have restored images created before you upgraded in a couple of hours- maybe less.

Yes, you can clean install Win 7: I would suggest you use disk imaging to image what you have now so that you have a full backup which allows you to retrieve almost anything you forgot to back up any other way.

Nothing will force you to upgrade to Win 10, and you can reinstall that or restore your disk images any time you like.

Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I think that the Z87 Pro is compatible with Win 10. At least, Asus has Win 10 drivers for it.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

You could go back to 7. Microsoft will support it until January 14, 2020.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cle-fact-sheet

As far as I know, Microsoft has no further plans to strong arm Win 7 users onto 10 now that the free upgrade year is over.

I don't know what you mean by "Is it practical to do a clean install of Win 7". That would be your only option. If you have installation media for all of your software, all that you'd need would be time. (And backing up all of your data elsewhere.)

Is your Win 10 install an upgrade over 7, or did you do a clean install? A clean install can avoid many potential problems, although it's not guaranteed.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is It Practical To Switch Back To Win 7? - Similar Threads - Practical Switch

2. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  3. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  4. Why is it practically impossible to get in contact with a live customer representative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it practically impossible to get in contact with a live customer representative?: I’ve tried calling as many Microsoft numbers as I can find and all of them answer with bots and automatically get hung up. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-practically-impossible-to-get-in-contact/887eef11-a8f8-4a7d-8734-48b2c325ceaa
  5. Why is it practically impossible to get in contact with a live customer representative?

Why is it practically impossible to get in contact with a live customer representative?: I’ve tried calling as many Microsoft numbers as I can find and all of them answer with bots and automatically get hung up. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-practically-impossible-to-get-in-contact/887eef11-a8f8-4a7d-8734-48b2c325ceaa
  6. Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?: In Settings/Sound there are no output or input devices found so I don't know whether my unsuccessful attempts to find a Driver for whatever Realtek thingo is under Sound ...controllers in device mgr. is relevant. Have spent hours on troubleshooting/updating drivers /asking...
  7. Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?

Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?: In Settings/Sound there are no output or input devices found so I don't know whether my unsuccessful attempts to find a Driver for whatever Realtek thingo is under Sound ...controllers in device mgr. is relevant. Have spent hours on troubleshooting/updating drivers /asking...
  8. Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Best practices for multi computer syncing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best practices for multi computer syncing documents: Where can I find documentation on best practices for how to handle syncing cloud storage of the user documents folder from multiple machines with different application states? I'd like to better understand if/how documents are properly handled when different computers have...
  10. Best practices for multi computer syncing documents

Best practices for multi computer syncing documents: Where can I find documentation on best practices for how to handle syncing cloud storage of the user documents folder from multiple machines with different application states? I'd like to better understand if/how documents are properly handled when different computers have...