Windows 10: Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

Discus and support Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jinto Andrews (jintoa), Nov 14, 2019.

1. Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing this from the Windows front.

:)

Jinto Andrews (jintoa), Nov 14, 2019

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 14, 2019
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to try what you suggested. I just tried using Linux Mint boot cd to hopefully erase the SSD. Unfortunately there seems to be some sort of encryption on the SATA SSD that prevents Linux from managing the SSD. Funny thing is I never used bitlocker on the SATA SSD.

xkm1948, Nov 14, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

1. Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On... - Similar Threads - recommended clone Win10

2. How to delete cloned OS from ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete cloned OS from ssd: HP desktop running W10 V 21H2. I have a 256g ssd with OS, a number of programs. Also have had a 2t hd D: with lots of programs, data.I cloned the C: drive to a WD Blue 1t ssd. It boots well, but I had hoped to use the extra ~600g to expand the C: drive. Unfortunately, that...
  3. How to delete cloned OS from ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete cloned OS from ssd: HP desktop running W10 V 21H2. I have a 256g ssd with OS, a number of programs. Also have had a 2t hd D: with lots of programs, data.I cloned the C: drive to a WD Blue 1t ssd. It boots well, but I had hoped to use the extra ~600g to expand the C: drive. Unfortunately, that...
  4. How to delete cloned OS from ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  6. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  7. No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD: I have used Aomei Backupper to clone a Windows 10 Pro SATA3 SSD to a new NVMe M2 SSD. It went well and I now have a new boot drive but the cloning process did not copy over the Recovery Partition from the original SSD. Is that a problem? Thanks 179622
  8. Cloning OS from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning OS from SSD to M.2: I'm ordering my first M.2 drive and I need advice. 500g ssd to 500g m.2 Can I clone the OS? What program should I use to clone? Should I just reinstall windows? 149234
  9. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?: I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card. The issue is what hardware to use to clone the old drive to the new one. My mobo has one M.2 slot for SSD's so I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2...
  10. Do I Clone or Image my Win10 SSD to NVMe?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do I Clone or Image my Win10 SSD to NVMe?: I would like to move my OS from a smaller 240gb SSD (running out of room) to a 512gb NVMe SSD. What is the better option-do I clone or image the OS and all its partitions to the NVMe? Are there any need to know pointers before I attemp it? Many thanks in advance, Jeff 85489