Windows 10: Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

Discus and support Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jinto Andrews (jintoa), Nov 14, 2019.

1. Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing this from the Windows front.

:)

Jinto Andrews (jintoa), Nov 14, 2019

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 14, 2019
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to try what you suggested. I just tried using Linux Mint boot cd to hopefully erase the SSD. Unfortunately there seems to be some sort of encryption on the SATA SSD that prevents Linux from managing the SSD. Funny thing is I never used bitlocker on the SATA SSD.

xkm1948, Nov 14, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

1. Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On... - Similar Threads - recommended clone Win10

2. Cloning old system drive on sata SSD to a nvme SSD on a new rig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning old system drive on sata SSD to a nvme SSD on a new rig.: Long story short, I need to clone the content of my old machine's sata SSD into my new machine's nvme SSD so I can continue using my current installation without losing my software, settings, personal files etc. I have a clone of my drive on another SSD at the moment for...
  3. NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME SSD: Do all versions of Windows 10, including business (Volume license), have built in NVme drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd/4df34df6-e834-425b-b1c1-716012fe31a6
  4. Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd: Not sure if this was answered(cant find 1) but recently cloned windows 10 from HDD to SSD. My HDD was setup as GPT and the partition was setup with the OS as almost the full 1tb size. I had and currently have alot of used space that i dont wanna lose if it can be avoided....
  5. Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive: So I've recently purchased a WD Black 250GB NVME drive. I'd like to transfer everything on my current Corsair Force LS SSD (240GB) onto it. Is there a tool within windows or a tool that can be vouched for as safe to do this with?...
  6. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?: I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card. The issue is what hardware to use to clone the old drive to the new one. My mobo has one M.2 slot for SSD's so I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2...
  7. Recommendations on Cloning Software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recommendations on Cloning Software: Hello, I am a Mac person, but trying to learn more about supporting Windows. I am looking for recommendations on finding good cloning software for PCs. On Mac, we have CCC which is a dream to use! Also, I am looking for a solution that is stable, idiot-proof, and...
  8. Do I Clone or Image my Win10 SSD to NVMe?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do I Clone or Image my Win10 SSD to NVMe?: I would like to move my OS from a smaller 240gb SSD (running out of room) to a 512gb NVMe SSD. What is the better option-do I clone or image the OS and all its partitions to the NVMe? Are there any need to know pointers before I attemp it? Many thanks in advance, Jeff 85489
  9. Cloned OS from HDD to SSD; good install? Have doubts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned OS from HDD to SSD; good install? Have doubts: New Dell XPS 8900 desktop with OEM Win10 and 1TB HDD. Did all the Windows updates including a big one. Then, added a SanDisk 240GB SSD. Cloned HDD over to SSD with included Apricorn EZ Gig IV. Disconnected HDD and SSD seems to run fine. Installed a few programs and did some...
  10. Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone): I've a 2TB Toshiba HDD and recently purchased a 480GB PNY SSD. I would like to migrate all the data the HDD contains to the SSD, use the SSD as my main drive and just dump movies, photos etc. to the HDD later. Since I've only about 300GB on the HDD, I wanted to a direct...