Windows 10: Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...

Discus and support Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by leaving the app toggle on? * Original title: Security *... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James_539, Mar 1, 2019.

1. James_539 Win User

Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...

Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by leaving the app toggle on?

* Original title: Security

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* OS assumed to be Windows 10

:)

James_539, Mar 1, 2019

2. Hide Documents library privacy settings?

Hello Sarah, hope this message finds you well.

The documents library privacy settings feature cannot be hidden or disabled. It enables apps such as games and some other programs on Windows 10 to access your documents library and save the data in it.

____

Steve

Steve Merik, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide the documents library privacy settings option from the search bar and you have tried to hide it using the group policy editor.

However, the documents library privacy settings feature cannot be hidden or disabled as it allows apps such as games and some programs on Windows 10 to access your documents library and save the data in it.

Also, I appreciate your suggestions about in hiding the feature on Windows 10. I would suggest you to upload a feedback using the

feedback hub
    on Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...

Hide Documents library privacy settings?

I want to hide Documents library privacy settings from search. When I try to get to my Documents folder, the search result is Settings page called Documents library privacy settings. I really don’t need it but I really need the folder I am trying
    to find. Why am I getting a setting page instead of Documents folder
    ? Can I change settings in the way I could get to the Documents folder and hide settings folder?

Sarah Williams7, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...

1. Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by... - Similar Threads - safe secure let

2. Let this app access your info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Let this app access your info?: When the Alarms & Clock app by Microsoft ask "Let this app access your info?" and you click NO but it keeps asking, it's time to look real hard at Linux. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-this-app-access-your-info/e2a9a044-64de-4125-9cca-04fe1404f3eb
  3. Let this app access your info?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Let this app access your info?: When the Alarms & Clock app by Microsoft ask "Let this app access your info?" and you click NO but it keeps asking, it's time to look real hard at Linux. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-this-app-access-your-info/e2a9a044-64de-4125-9cca-04fe1404f3eb
  4. Unable to access Privacy and Security Options in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Privacy and Security Options in Settings: Windows 11 Privacy and Security setting is greyed out, when I click on it it tells me to go to the app store but when I search for an app it leads to a microsoft edge add. Does that mean privacy and security settings are only available in Windows 11 if I make Edge my default...
  5. Unable to access Privacy and Security Options in Settings

Unable to access Privacy and Security Options in Settings: Windows 11 Privacy and Security setting is greyed out, when I click on it it tells me to go to the app store but when I search for an app it leads to a microsoft edge add. Does that mean privacy and security settings are only available in Windows 11 if I make Edge my default...
  6. Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings: when trying to access Privacy and Security settings as follows I get a window that tells me to go to the Microsoft App Store: Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Windows Security to any of the selections I see the App Store window. Here below is a copy of the window:...
  7. Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings

Access to Windows 11 Privacy and Security Settings: when trying to access Privacy and Security settings as follows I get a window that tells me to go to the Microsoft App Store: Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Windows Security to any of the selections I see the App Store window. Here below is a copy of the window:...
  8. Let this app access your info

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Let this app access your info: Cant verify maintain access to data you have given microsoft flight simulator. Unverified cant click on yes and enter key does not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-this-app-access-your-info/fda82dc8-130c-46fe-a5d7-b3d3ddf0712a
  9. Hide Documents library privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings?: I want to hide Documents library privacy settings from search. When I try to get to my Documents folder, the search result is Settings page called Documents library privacy settings. I really don’t need it but I really need the folder I am trying to find. Why am I getting a...
  10. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings from search: I use the search bar to find folders very often - it works a hell of a lot better than previous versions of Windows and my hands don't have to leave the keyboard for me to find the folder or file I need. Works great, except when I want to get to my Documents folder. For some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. documents library privacy settings comments

2. is it safe for windows to have access

3. Documents library privacy settingsWorld

4. documents library privacy settings play dvd,
  5. Documents library privacy settingsDocuments library privacy settings,
  6. allow apps to access your documents library is it safe,
  7. DOCUMENTS library privacy settings