Windows 10: Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

Discus and support Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone! After struggling with the 0x80080008 error while checking for updates in the Settings tab, I decided to visit the Microsoft Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlueMonday1988, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

Hello everyone! After struggling with the 0x80080008 error while checking for updates in the Settings tab, I decided to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog to download it manually. I did a Google search of the August 2019 KB number and I have a question regarding my OS. It had four options - one for x64 based systems, one for ARM64-based systems, one for x86 based systems (first three on Windows 10) and one for Windows Server 2016 x64 based systems. I don't know which to install as I am stuck on the May update and I have 64-bit of OS.

Is installing updates from the Microsoft Update catalog safe to install (especially when getting the 0x80080008 error while checking for updates) or will they infect my computer in some way?

Any answers are very much appreciated.

:)

BlueMonday1988, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Nov 5, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Another way:
    Download WHDownloader (Windows Hotfix Downloader) 2.2
    Unzip to desktop or where ever then run.

1. Download the KB's list from catalog. Should run when starting the program to get the latest list.
    2. Select Office/Windows edition
    3. Put check mark(s) to select the KB's
    4. Download Updates.
    NOTE: The KB's with huge file size are normally the cumulative updates from one version to next. If you are currently running 1607 then you'd need to run the KB for 1073 first then run the next one (1709), The rest of the KB's are security updates, Flash Updates etc...

Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

win 7 cant install update

• Boot into safe mode;
    • Open Code: %temp%[/quote] on Explorer;
    • Delete everything inside it;
    • Reboot;
    • Try to apply updates again;
    • PROFIT?

temp02, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

1. Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog? - Similar Threads - safe installing updates

2. Is ASIX - Net - 2.22.7.0 a safe update? It is listed in the microsoft update catalog and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is ASIX - Net - 2.22.7.0 a safe update? It is listed in the microsoft update catalog and...: is ASIX - Net - 2.22.7.0 a safe update it is listed in the Microsoft update catalog and installed 10/15/23. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-asix-net-22270-a-safe-update-it-is-listed-in/a05f4186-9727-4cd7-9502-243136fc0fa1
  3. Is ASIX - Net - 2.22.7.0 a safe update? It is listed in the microsoft update catalog and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is ASIX - Net - 2.22.7.0 a safe update? It is listed in the microsoft update catalog and...: is ASIX - Net - 2.22.7.0 a safe update it is listed in the Microsoft update catalog and installed 10/15/23. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-asix-net-22270-a-safe-update-it-is-listed-in/a05f4186-9727-4cd7-9502-243136fc0fa1
  4. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  5. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  6. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  7. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  8. Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site: winver = 1709 OSBuild 16299.125 Arch = 64bit I've installed this version of win 10 and am trying to install the latest cumulative update from the microsoft catalog site aka https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. I did a search for "windows 10 1709 cumulative x64" the top...
  9. Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site: winver = 1709 OSBuild 16299.125 Arch = 64bit I've installed this version of win 10 and am trying to install the latest cumulative update from the microsoft catalog site aka https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. I did a search for "windows 10 1709 cumulative x64" the top...
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft catalog update

2. is https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com safe