Windows 10: Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?

Discus and support Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc with Windows 10? I wonder if my local data passwords, app settings, microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BohdanYaroshchuk, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?

Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc with Windows 10? I wonder if my local data passwords, app settings, microsoft store settings, etc will be synced with that account.

:)

BohdanYaroshchuk, Dec 27, 2021
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 27, 2021
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 27, 2021
  4. Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?

Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?

1. Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc? - Similar Threads - safe allow someone

2. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account: When I open "Settings" in windows and go to account I am asked to sign into my Microsoft account, which I do but when it asks me for my password a second time it says it's incorrect. I haven't changed the password. I saw a couple of people asking the same thing. The replies...
  3. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account: When I open "Settings" in windows and go to account I am asked to sign into my Microsoft account, which I do but when it asks me for my password a second time it says it's incorrect. I haven't changed the password. I saw a couple of people asking the same thing. The replies...
  4. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?: Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc with Windows 10? I wonder if my local data passwords, app settings, microsoft store settings, etc will be synced with that account....
  6. Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc?: Is it safe to allow someone sign into their microsoft account on your pc with Windows 10? I wonder if my local data passwords, app settings, microsoft store settings, etc will be synced with that account....
  7. Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in: When I try to use Safe Mode with Networking, it does not let me sign in to my computer. I put in the correct pin that I have always used, and it tells me that it is an incorrect pin. I need to use Safe Mode to remove a virus and I'm not able to do it. Does anybody know why...
  8. family account not allowing sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family account not allowing sign in.: why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account-not-allowing-sign-in/33781147-2e11-40f5-aaf4-d78dbd60aebe
  9. We cant sign into your Microsoft account

We cant sign into your Microsoft account: I just got this problem. My pc was acting weird (applications not responding frequently) so I restarted my pc. I logged into my Microsoft account, and it was taking a unusually long time to sign in, about 4 or 5 minutes. It took me to the desktop, with this error message. I...
  10. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account: When I open "Settings" in windows and go to accounts I am prompted to sign into my Microsoft account, which I do but when it asks me for my password a second time it says incorrect information submitted. I haven't changed this password and I also use it for my Xbox and...