Windows 10: Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

Discus and support Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nbdycrss, Sep 20, 2022.

1. nbdycrss Win User

Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a certain time on a certain day once per week. It is set to run only when user is logged on.After doing some research, I found that the solution to have the task not show this window is to set the task to "Run whether the user is logged on or not". The task is currently set to "Run only when the user is logged on" It doesn't see

:)

nbdycrss, Sep 20, 2022
  2. jgunning Win User

Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Sep 20, 2022
  3. HokieMan Win User
    Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

1. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"? - Similar Threads - Safe Change Security

2. Terminating Task Scheduler Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminating Task Scheduler Task: I have set up at Task Scheduler Job with the following specifications --Repeat task every 5 minutes for a duration of 15 minutesStop all running tasks at end of repetition durationStop task if it runs longer than 30 minutes My intention was to have the task start, run for 5...
  3. Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning: Hello,I discovered that a task is causing Windows credential to be deleted sporadically or on server restart... This is due to the security options: "Do not store password. The task will only have access to local resources"Though, I don't quite understand this setting so I...
  4. Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning

Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning: Hello,I discovered that a task is causing Windows credential to be deleted sporadically or on server restart... This is due to the security options: "Do not store password. The task will only have access to local resources"Though, I don't quite understand this setting so I...
  5. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a...
  6. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a...
  7. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  8. Task scheduler activate task after change in folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler activate task after change in folder: Hello, I want to create a windows task that activates when a change in a folder is detected. I have everything set up, except I have no clue how to set the Trigger, that activates the task. If anyone knows how to do it, I'd be grateful for an answer submitted by...
  9. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  10. Task scheduler "configure for" option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler "configure for" option: As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely...