Windows 10: Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service?

Discus and support Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem that is very annoying. It have to do with the "Delivery Optimization" and the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by victorpaes, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service?

Hello! I have a problem that is very annoying. It have to do with the "Delivery Optimization" and the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)" services. I already disabled the Delivery Optimization from Windows Updates settings (as shown in the image bellow) but the service is still running and the Task Manager shows me the high internet bandwidth consumption. As you can see the setting is "Disabled" ("Desativado" in portuguese).

Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service? [​IMG]

Then I tried to manually disable the service from the Services manager. As you can see in the image bellow, both DO and BITS services are disabled, but after some random period they suddenly activate without my consent and I need to disable it again and again.

This is completely annoying me! I have a limited bandwidth and it still using everything even if I already disabled it.

Then my question is: Is it safe to DELETE this pesky services?

I know that I can use CMD to delete a service and the RegEdit to delete the services key entries, but I'm afraid of messing with it and make my PC unusable. Has anyone did it before and has it worked? Thank you all in advance!

:)

victorpaes, Jul 1, 2019

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Phillip Pio, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service?

Event 7043: The Delivery Optimization service did not shut down

Just a shot in the dark, try opening Disk Cleanup and run as admin and delete the Delivery Optimization Files

Maybe there is a corruption.

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service?

1. Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service? - Similar Threads - safe completely delete

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  6. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  7. IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files?: I wanted to clear up some space in my C drive. There's an option to delete delivery optimization files in settings>temporary files which was taking almost 2.5GB of my space. Is it OK to delete it or not?...
  8. Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimization Service: We have four home computers, only two running Windows 10. Is it a good idea to have this service on? Why not turn it off and delete the hundreds of MB of files stored in it?...
  9. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service: After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied"....
  10. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”: I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. completely stop delivery optimization

2. delivery optimization service deleted