Windows 10: Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed?

Discus and support Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Whenever download an update to the NVidia drivers, the package always prompts for an extract location... by default its' C:\NVIDIA. Just wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by orlando1974, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed?

Whenever download an update to the NVidia drivers, the package always prompts for an extract location... by default its' C:\NVIDIA. Just wondering if once the update has been completed, is it safe to delete this folder and its contents?

:)

orlando1974, Feb 12, 2016

2. Is it safe to delete hidden files on the C Drive?

You must not delete the two folders you named.

Frederik Long, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Naiya7623 Win User
    Is it safe to delete hidden files on the C Drive?

Files like ProgramData, WindowsApps and all the other hidden files on the C Drive in Windows 10?

Naiya7623, Feb 12, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed?

You can delete the files in the installer folder, not the folder itself, just all the files inside. That will remove huge amount if your trying to gain some hard drive space, I would NOT delete the Nvidia folder. Your choice. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 12, 2016
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Yes, as that is just the installer folder..

Saving the folder say to a drivers folder will allow you re-install the NVidia driver at a later time.. say after a clean install..

6. OldMike65 Win User
    I suppose you could save those install files, but I've deleted them with no problem, then when I install or re-install latest drivers from Nvidia, it just puts them right back in the installer folder again. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 12, 2016
  7. So it sounds to me like its just a TEMP folder? Which gets recreated every time a new version is downloaded and installed? Is this correct?

8. OldMike65 Win User

Yes, more or less, depends on how you choose to install the NVidia files. Sometimes their ADDED to the older files. But you can delete them, but NOT the Installer folder.

If you make a complete image backup of your C-drive using a program like Macrium Reflect free, then you will always have a image backup to restore your OS incase of future problems. Everyone should be making regular image backups, but not everyone does.

OldMike65, Feb 12, 2016
  9. OK, I'm confused about which folder I can delete (or subfolder). See the following for reference to my system:
    (The "International" folder is the one that contains the files. All other folders that lead to here are empty except for the next level down folder)

Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed? [​IMG]

10. Hemimax Win User
    I keep the previous driver folder so as to roll back easily if I have issues. Once I have two or three folders I just delete the oldest one. If you do not have the extra HD space just delete them.

Hemimax, Feb 12, 2016
  11. Kyhi Win User
    You can delete the C:\NVIDIA folder

12. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes the C:\Nvidia folder, like Kyhi stated can be deleted. The Nvidia Corporation folder, IN your Programs folder, which contains the Installer folder, was the folder I was talking about.

OldMike65, Feb 12, 2016
  13. Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed?

Thanks mate for clarifying! *Smile

orlando1974, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it safe to delete C:/NVIDIA once drivers have installed? - Similar Threads - safe delete NVIDIA

2. Is it safe to delete C++ Redistributables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete C++ Redistributables?: I'm strapped for storage space on my laptop - around 30 GB are built in, but 20 of those go to System Files and otherwise Reserved Data. It seems like whenever I free up the slightest bit of space, that Reserved section gets just a little bigger.Majority of the remaining used...
  3. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  4. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  5. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  7. C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :): On auditing my disk space lately I realize the folder C:\Windows\Installer has 57 GBs of MSI "patches" as their descriptions say from Microsoft Windows and Office , the rest are in the form of tmp files . Do I need all these setups sitting there ? *sarc 152725
  8. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  10. Cannot delete download once drivers are installed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot delete download once drivers are installed: I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question so if it isn't, please let me know. I've downloaded drivers for my NVIDIA graphics card and have installed them, however I cannot delete the original EXE from my download folder, I get a popup telling me that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it safe to remove C:\Nvidia

2. c:\nvidia safe to delete