Windows 10: Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver

Discus and support Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have downloaded latest Realtek HD Audio Driver for my Intel PC ...version 6.0.1.8090...extracted cab file to created directory folder on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by treblefree, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver

I have downloaded latest Realtek HD Audio Driver for my Intel PC ...version 6.0.1.8090...extracted cab file to created directory folder on my desktop...used device manager in control panel to install it....installation ok..no problems....

Can i now delete the created directory folder from my desktop....? or is still required ?

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Mar 20, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Safe To Delete?

The Realtek driver will be installed into the driver folder in C:\Windows\inf folder and any accompanying Realtek software will be installed into C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) depending on your system architecture

The Driver_allO would have been created when the Realtek driver unzipped before the driver installation

Drivers never install to the root drive, they only leave temp files/folders there . . .

If you are still apprehensive, simply delete the folder - it will go to the Recycle bin, reboot and check that everything is OK with your sound, if it is not, you can restore the folder, if it is, you can permanently delete the folder

DaveM121, Mar 20, 2017
  3. 0x80070103 Error Message when trying to create specific folder with the name "98"

hello, thanks for your reply.

yes, i tried many different directories to create that folder but it works in none of them.

mostly in normal c\programm files directory. but i even emulated my ram into a harddrive once to test if the problem persists. and even in the emulated harddrive i have the same problem.

the first time i try to create a folder with the exact name 98 in ANY directory it gets instantly hidden. and the second time i repeat the same action in the same directory, then i get that error message because windows is confused that the folder is already
    there but not accessible.

i tried safe mode. in safe mode i can view and edit (as a test) or delete the empty 98 folder that i created in any directory just fine.

i followed your steps. so the normal hidden folders are viewable. it even shows me protected operating system folders. just not the folder with the exact name 98 that i created. and that is there (safe mode proves that)

i tried going to a different user, and running windows in a clean state with deleting all temporary internet files and only running with system relevant microsoft/windows programs. and i had the same problem. the only way i could access that specific 98
    folder is in safe mode at this point.

Frenetic911, Mar 20, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver

It's not required but you may want to keep it in your Download Folder or wherever in case you need to reinstall the driver at some time.

spunk, Mar 20, 2017
  5. Thank you for reply...will keep it just in case of driver re-install

treblefree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver

1. Is it safe to delete created directory folder Realtek Latest Driver - Similar Threads - safe delete created

2. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  3. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  4. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  6. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: There are two (hidden) folders in C. $WINDOWS.~BT $WinREAgent The first one contains something that looks like Windows Update. This specific update (KB 4566781) is not installed because it's for 2004 (I have 1909). Is it safe to delete them both? [ATTACH] 163720
  7. Latest sound driver for Realtek ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest sound driver for Realtek ?: Hello So i'm using an ASRock 980de3/u3s3 MOBO and i'd like to know if somone could please tell me which are the latest sound driver for this MOBO ? Currently my Realtek Manager says i'm using version 6.0.1.7560 I'm using 5.1 surround sound speakers but i'd like to know...
  8. Is it safe to delete these folders?

Is it safe to delete these folders?: Greetings, Chrome 74 now says "Your browser is managed by your organization". I'm not part of an organization. I've been searching for a solution, but most people suggest using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). However, I have the Home edition of Windows, which doesn't...
  9. How to Create a Folder Directory

How to Create a Folder Directory: How can I create a list of folders, sub-folders, and files within those folders? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-directory/700f4fd1-c2fb-470a-ae0a-ea23e770efe6"
  10. Latest Realtek LAN Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Realtek LAN Driver: Last Updated: April 26th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.26.328.2018 Driver Date: 28-Mar-18 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download: Realtek LAN Driver 70696

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i delete realtek program files

2. is it safe to delete realtek

3. what is realtek in program files safe to delete

4. can i delete windows programfiles realtek folder,
  5. is it safe to delete driver folders,
  6. is it safe to delete realtek folder from program files