Windows 10: IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files?

Discus and support IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to clear up some space in my C drive. There's an option to delete delivery optimization files in settings>temporary files which was taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbhinavKakati, Sep 26, 2020.

1. IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files?

I wanted to clear up some space in my C drive. There's an option to delete delivery optimization files in settings>temporary files which was taking almost 2.5GB of my space. Is it OK to delete it or not?

:)

AbhinavKakati, Sep 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Delivery Optimization Files

Hi TotalingBanjo62

Rest assured, you can safely delete those Delivery Optimization files without any fear of harming Windows, in fact you should run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, and delete everything in the lists, because Windows will not suggest deleting anything that
    can harm your PC

There is one exception to this rule, in version 1903 of Windows 10, your Downloads folder was added to the Disk Cleanup process by default, if you store files in that folder, either move those to another folder for long term storage, or untick the downloads
    folder in Disk Cleanup . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Delivery Optimization Files

Okay will delete it then IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files? :)

TotalingBanjo62, Sep 26, 2020
  4. IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files?

Delivery Optimization Files

Hi,

So in My C drive, the Delivery Optimization Files occupied 35 GB after the update on 12th may and I am wondering if it is safe to delete the file via Disk cleanup or shall I just leave it?

BadrinathVasudevan, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files?

1. IS it safe to delete delivery optimization files? - Similar Threads - safe delete delivery

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Delivery Optimization Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization Files: How to find delivery optimization files in file explorer other than disk cleanup and windows setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization-files/71ae4754-fa85-49f7-a9bc-30fd5aaaf11a
  6. Delivery Optimization Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization Files: How to find delivery optimization files in file explorer other than disk cleanup and windows setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization-files/71ae4754-fa85-49f7-a9bc-30fd5aaaf11a
  7. Delivery Optimization Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Delivery Optimization Files

Delivery Optimization Files: Hi, So in My C drive, the Delivery Optimization Files occupied 35 GB after the update on 12th may and I am wondering if it is safe to delete the file via Disk cleanup or shall I just leave it?...
  9. Delivery Optimization Files

Delivery Optimization Files: I was downloading Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and today I went to see my disk's and saw that I lost like 60 GB on my C disk installed on D and then I ran disk cleanup tool and saw the Delivery Optimization Files. Is it safe to delete?...
  10. Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it safe to completely delete "Delivery Optimization" service?: Hello! I have a problem that is very annoying. It have to do with the "Delivery Optimization" and the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)" services. I already disabled the Delivery Optimization from Windows Updates settings (as shown in the image bellow) but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it safe to delete delivery optimization files