Windows 10: Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my...

Discus and support Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone!A little background of my situation. I have asked a technician for upgrading my devices performance and he recommended that I replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreiCordova, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my...

Hello everyone!A little background of my situation. I have asked a technician for upgrading my devices performance and he recommended that I replace with an SSD and a second HDD caddy for my original 1TB storage, since I need that amount of storage. They reformatted my device and I saw the improvement. At first I thought my files from the C: drive were gone after the reformatting, but I checked the contents of the current D: drive and my files from the C: drive were still there.My concern now is I don't know how to remove the files inside the Program Files and Program Files x86 folders in th

:)

AndreiCordova, Jun 6, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 6, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my...

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my...

1. Is it safe to delete folder and files in my second drive after transferring it from my... - Similar Threads - safe delete folder

2. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  3. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  4. Deleting a folder from my drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder from my drive.: So I'm tryna install a game on my drive but when I try to install it on my F drive its says I need to change a setting but when I go to change the setting it says it has to delete the apps from another windows device so I select ok and then it says it fails so I try and...
  5. Deleting a folder from my drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a folder from my drive.: So I'm tryna install a game on my drive but when I try to install it on my F drive its says I need to change a setting but when I go to change the setting it says it has to delete the apps from another windows device so I select ok and then it says it fails so I try and...
  6. Deleting a folder from my drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is it safe to delete the SNDK.reg file from my computer?

Is it safe to delete the SNDK.reg file from my computer?: I know that the SNDK.reg file is used to export the registry, but is it safe to delete it from my computer when I no longer use it? Or will it cause issues? I really appreciate any help you can provide....
  8. Is it safe to delete the SNDK.reg file from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete the SNDK.reg file from my computer?: I know that the SNDK.reg file is used to export the registry, but is it safe to delete it from my computer when I no longer use it? Or will it cause issues? I really appreciate any help you can provide....
  9. After transferring files to my backup drive, can deleted files be restored?

After transferring files to my backup drive, can deleted files be restored?: I was paying $1.99 for 50 Gb of storage and chose to transfer all my files from 9 years of my son's life photos collection and did one by one by year. It turned out after, I checked all files on back up drive and all it seems fine! Well, my files got deleted after 30 days....
  10. Safe to delete these folders and file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders and file?: Doing a little house cleaning today and I ran across two folders and a file that I believe can be safely deleted. The folders are empty and the file is 0 bytes. Can I safely delete them? [img] 76096