Windows 10: Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps?

Discus and support Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is taking up 80gb, same amount as my Forza Horizon 4. Can I delete it? I really would like to be able to install some other games. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kenderman75, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps?

It is taking up 80gb, same amount as my Forza Horizon 4. Can I delete it? I really would like to be able to install some other games. I have been researching this for a while now and all the answers are conflicting. Can I delete it? Will it cause my pc any harm?

:)

Kenderman75, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 25, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps?

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps?

1. Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps? - Similar Threads - safe delete MSIXVC

2. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  3. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  4. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  6. MSIXVC Folder

MSIXVC Folder: It takes up unnecessary 80gb even though I am not downloading anything. I checked everywhere, There is no download or update in mc. store nor xbox, how can I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/ae7e1a3f-03a7-4d33-bd7e-2f1f1c46da83
  7. MSIXVC Folder

MSIXVC Folder: Hello, today i uninstalled Rage 2, which I played and installed using the Xbox Game Pass on my PC. I decided to uninstall it to make up some free space on my SSD, but after I uninstalled it using the "Add or remove programs" setting by Windows 10 no space was made up. BUT...
  8. MSIXVC folder taking +120Gb of space, can't delete

MSIXVC folder taking +120Gb of space, can't delete: Hi, I'm posting this because I see it's a recurring error and I can't find a solution that works for me. As the title says, I have more than 120gb in MSIXVC folder, inside WindowsApps. Apparently these files are "leftovers" from games installed with Xbox Pass. Problem is, I...
  9. Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps: Hi, I have read that this can be deleted as it relates to failed downloads. Using up a lot of space on my system 160GB Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-folder-msixvc-under-windowsapps/1ee321a7-6f34-4e17-b2c9-30982b73dea3
  10. Cannot Delete MSIXVC

Cannot Delete MSIXVC: So I have the Xbox game pass for windows and downloaded shadow of war alongside a few other games, after I deleted them I found this folder, which from the looks of it is connected to the windows store and how they install games. Thing is, I've uninstaled all games from the...