Windows 10: is it safe to delete pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys

Discus and support is it safe to delete pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is it safe to delete pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys???????? 176757 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by makhan10, Mar 29, 2021.

1. makhan10 Win User

is it safe to delete pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys

is it safe to delete pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys????????

:)

makhan10, Mar 29, 2021
  2. makwy2 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Howdy,

So I have a 60gb SSD with Windows 7 and Office on it (all specs are listed <--- under my username). I have a 12gb pagefile and a 9gb hiberfil, is it possible to delete those or make it so that hiberfil at the very least is no longer created? I just want a little free space on there for future use.

Thoughts?

makwy2, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Pagefile size depends on RAM, just find optimal value and stick to that.

If you use SSD and want more free space then disable System Restore. It is far more efficient than disabling hiberfil

After disabling hibernation hiberfil.sys gets deleted automatically.

Drone, Mar 29, 2021
  4. is it safe to delete pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys

C: pagefile .sys Degrag

How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation?

WilliamHall9, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

is it safe to delete pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys

1. is it safe to delete pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys - Similar Threads - safe delete pagefile

2. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  3. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  4. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete Passguard_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Passguard_x64.sys: I am trying to delete a driver called Passguard_x64.sys I can't find it anywhere. Tried device manager and looking for a driver in windows terminal still nothing. Basically, tried everything I could find online. It was a banking program with a Chinese bank for security. I...
  6. Delete Passguard_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Passguard_x64.sys: I am trying to delete a driver called Passguard_x64.sys I can't find it anywhere. Tried device manager and looking for a driver in windows terminal still nothing. Basically, tried everything I could find online. It was a banking program with a Chinese bank for security. I...
  7. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  8. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?: Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them. Thanks if you reply!...
  9. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?: [ATTACH]My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont know or cant give me a straight answer. is there a way to clean it or just manage it or does windows do it automatically?...
  10. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"