Windows 10: Is it safe to delete some of these files after the Windows 10 upgrade installation process...

Discus and support Is it safe to delete some of these files after the Windows 10 upgrade installation process... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm really curious about some of these folders. I suspect this folder was used when I upgraded my windows 10 with Media Creation Tool. Since they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wahit Fitriyanto, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is it safe to delete some of these files after the Windows 10 upgrade installation process... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 7, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User

Is it safe to delete some of these files after the Windows 10 upgrade installation process...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to delete some of these files after the Windows 10 upgrade installation process...

1. Is it safe to delete some of these files after the Windows 10 upgrade installation process... - Similar Threads - safe delete files

2. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?: Hello there. I was just wondering if the windows upgrade log files that are brought up in disk clean-up are safe to delete. Mine is currently taking up 211 MB of space on my hard drive, but I've been worried about deleting them as I don't know if doing so will mess up my...
  3. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?: Hello there. I was just wondering if the windows upgrade log files that are brought up in disk clean-up are safe to delete. Mine is currently taking up 211 MB of space on my hard drive, but I've been worried about deleting them as I don't know if doing so will mess up my...
  4. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird disk partitions after a Windows upgrade - safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird disk partitions after a Windows upgrade - safe to delete?: Hi I'm running Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016) I noticed that my main SSD disk had an extra partition suddenly. It used to just be the C: drive but now there is a G: drive as well. (image attached) Do you think it would be safe to delete this partition?...
  6. Weird disk partitions after a Windows upgrade - safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird disk partitions after a Windows upgrade - safe to delete?: Hi I'm running Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016) I noticed that my main SSD disk had an extra partition suddenly. It used to just be the C: drive but now there is a G: drive as well. (image attached) Do you think it would be safe to delete this partition?...
  7. What are some files extension that are safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are some files extension that are safe to delete?: I wanna know some file extensions that are safe to delete, like ".dmp" files ...etc. submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htoekq/what_are_some_files_extension_that_are_safe_to/
  8. Deleted files after upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted files after upgrade: Just did an upgrade to version 1903 and all of my files were deleted. Did a rollback and they are still missing. How do I get them back??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-after-upgrade/c1b1f307-cb95-44bb-a227-d9fdd7521f44"
  9. is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?: i see there are multiple files leftover after windows downloaded "update patches".. and they are taking up a lot of space..because some files are over 500MB. would like to "reclaim space"*Shock 75010
  10. Files Deleted After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Deleted After Upgrade: Upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 took some minor getting used to having to find new ways to do things I took for granted like opening up settings. I finally got comfortable with the new OS and decided to watch some videos I had stored in folders I made a few weeks ago. I...