Windows 10: Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this...

Discus and support Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5pAviLSIE&ab_channel=idea I have been having this issue that appears to be solved by this tutorial, but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpraycanVibes, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5pAviLSIE&ab_channel=idea

I have been having this issue that appears to be solved by this tutorial, but I am skeptical to just go and delete a file that I know nothing about, especially when it is in the Users folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if I attempt to open the file using notepad, the following text is seen in the notepad:

条⁥›獦瑵汩戠桥癡潩⁲畱牥⁹漼瑰潩㹮਍਍漼瑰潩㹮਍਍污潬䕷瑸桃牡਍畢捧敨正湏潃牲灵൴搊獩扡敬搸瑯″㱛潖畬敭倠瑡㹨൝搊獩扡敬潃灭敲獳潩൮搊獩扡敬潃灭敲獳潩䱮浩瑩਍楤慳汢䑥汥瑥乥瑯晩⁹乛䙔籓敒卆൝搊獩扡敬湅牣灹楴湯਍楤慳汢䙥汩䵥瑥摡瑡佡瑰浩穩瑡潩൮搊獩扡敬慌瑳捁散獳਍楤慳汢卥潰䍴牯畲瑰潩䡮湡汤湩൧攊据祲瑰慐楧杮楆敬਍敭潭祲獕条൥洊瑦潚敮਍畱瑯乡瑯晩൹猊浹楬歮癅污慵楴湯਍楤慳汢坥楲整畁潴楔牥湩⁧㱛潖畬敭倠瑡㹨൝搊獩扡敬硔⁦㱛潖畬敭倠瑡㹨൝攊慮汢剥慥汬捯瑡䅥汬慄慴牗瑩獥嬠嘼汯浵⁥慐桴崾਍਍汐慥敳甠敳∠獦瑵汩㠠潤㍴慮敭焠敵祲⼠∿映牯洠牯⁥湩潦浲瑡潩⹮਍਍潆⁲楄慳汢䑥汥瑥乥瑯晩⁹晩渠楥桴牥∠呎卆•潮⁲刢䙥≓椠⁳灳捥晩敩Ɽ戠瑯⁨慶畬獥愠敲猠潨湷മ

submitted by /u/SpraycanVibes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpraycanVibes, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 23, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this...

window.old files---safe to delete?

No downside at all, in fact Windows will delete it automatically after 10 days anyway.

If you want to do it immediately, let me suggest you use the built-in cleanup tool. Here's how:

• Use the search box to find and open "Disk Cleanup"
    • When it opens, click "Clean Up System Files" button near the bottom
    • In the list, select "Previous Windows Installation"
    • Click OK to clean it up

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this...

1. Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this... - Similar Threads - safe delete file

2. how do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you want to open this file?: every day at 8:00 PM i get a pop up how do you want to open this file? its very annoying how do i get it to stop showing up every day submitted by /u/JamesLPYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v5q11h/how_do_you_want_to_open_this_file/
  3. How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you want to open this file: Hello all, Earlier I installed WPS and then I uninstalled it later. But some of it's files are still in the PC which is very annoying. For better reference to the problem I am attaching the screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  4. how do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you want to open this file?: there was a option saying "update" when i was trying to open a capture, when i updated it the option for how do you want to open this file? went away, but im still confused on that "update" option, what was it? submitted by /u/BlankInsanity [link] [comments]...
  5. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you want to open this file?: Hi guys, I'm getting rather annoyed at this but hopefully somebody will be able to explain how to solve it.... When I try and open an "image file" (jpeg, png etc) i get the classic pop up "how do you want to open this file" I Cannot go past this point. I have selected...
  6. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you want to open this file?: Hi guys, I'm getting rather annoyed at this but hopefully somebody will be able to explain how to solve it.... When I try and open an "image file" (jpeg, png etc) i get the classic pop up "how do you want to open this file" I Cannot go past this point. I have selected...
  7. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you want to open this file?: Every time after booting my desktop, this "How do you want to open this file?" message appears. I have no clue, what kind of file this message talking about. Help me out.[IMG]...
  8. How do you want to open this file

How do you want to open this file: when i try to open .cfg file it asks me every time "How do you want to open this file", i set notepad and it don't save this app as the application in which it must to open. And whey i again try to open this .cfg file windows again asks me "How do you want to open this...
  9. "How do you want to open this file?"

"How do you want to open this file?": This pops up on my computer randomly, but generally every 5 to 10 minutes. It disappears on mouse click, but is annoying. Especially if in the middle of some work. See the attached screen shot. I have read through many posts regarding a variation of this popup that includes...
  10. How do you want to open this file ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do you want to open this file ?: When ever I try to download a program and I was an exe. file I never just get a run button so I can simply install the program but a box pops up saying "how do you want to open this file? " with the options of: Internet Explorer Notepad Office XML Handler Paint Windows...