Windows 10: Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

Discus and support Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bbb613tznq161.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2456d00033473ac9ffd35ed0fd00e26eb816448 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AncutiRadu, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

/u/AncutiRadu, Nov 27, 2020
  2. invent(2) Win User

c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

c users greg one drive has 3 gb and I need all this space I bought the acer cloud book with 25 gb and have .8 free on my documents I only have 400 megs used I did properties on all of drive and found 5 gb on c users greg and 3 gb was for one drive
    properties I need help to del 5 gb to free this up as ms update fails as not enough space....

I suggest you to delete the unwanted data and unused applications to clean up the drive.

5 gb on c users is the only large gb I found others must be hidden in c system files for the other 20 gb

I can buy a 64 gb flash drive for 20 dollars is there a way to move the 5 gb in c users to this?

You suggest to delete the unwanted data..... I need to know what you mean data as its all c users greg 5 gb and in this c users greg one drive 3 gb and you said this will do me no good to delete.... so is the 20 gb all in the c system hidden files?

thanks

invent(2), Nov 27, 2020
  3. invent(2) Win User
    c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

.... in the post above delete unwanted data.... I don't want to delete user.... and all my data 5 gb is in c user the other 20 gb is in c windows..

C users greg one drive is 2 or 3 GB can I delete all this c users greg one drive and still get on the cloud for one drive and why is there 3 gb on my hard drive?

is C user greg documents unwanted data? that can be deleted and still show in c documents not just c user greg documents?

Monday 2-22-2016 at 10 am

Hello :

Remember that question you asked on Microsoft Community a few days ago?

Title:

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

invent(2), Nov 27, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

1. Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive - Similar Threads - safe delete file

2. Windows has taken 80 GB of my C drive..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows has taken 80 GB of my C drive..: This is my new laptop and I haven't installed much apps and programs however, windows alone has occupied 80GB of my C drive, is it fine or do I have to check some files. Kindly suggest..!!...
  3. Windows has taken 80 GB of my C drive..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has taken 80 GB of my C drive..: This is my new laptop and I haven't installed much apps and programs however, windows alone has occupied 80GB of my C drive, is it fine or do I have to check some files. Kindly suggest..!!...
  4. Windows has taken 80 GB of my C drive..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?: Recently, I accidently deleted files from this path - C:\Windows\Temp instead of - C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp.Will it have any negative impact on my machine or my OS?...
  6. Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?: Recently, I accidently deleted files from this path - C:\Windows\Temp instead of - C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp.Will it have any negative impact on my machine or my OS?...
  7. Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. cant delete a file from c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant delete a file from c drive: when ever i am trying to delete a file from c drive its saying that the file is open in somewhere else now how do i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-from-c-drive/507f8889-9aea-4e27-b4ec-aed7ddb571f0
  9. Delete files C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete files C Drive: I have 6 files in my C drive. I am wondering if I can delete. If I can, what is the best way to do this? Such as in Safe Mode. See picture I have run the Disk Cleanup and rebooted and they are still there. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 [ATTACH] I believe they were put...
  10. Can't Intall gears 5 from microsoft store onto external SSD also 80 GB file on my C DRIVE...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Intall gears 5 from microsoft store onto external SSD also 80 GB file on my C DRIVE...: i have game pass so when i click "install" it asks me to choose which drive to install to and the H drive which is my external SSD does not pop up also there is a 80 GB file in the "windows apps" folder that i cannot delete on my C drive that came about cause i attempted to...