Windows 10: Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Discus and support Is it safe to delete this folder's content? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarolisSir, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\

It takes up 19.3gb.

:)

KarolisSir, Nov 16, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is it safe to delete this folder's content? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is it safe to delete this folder's content? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 16, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2020
  4. todd16 Win User

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

can I safely delete the contents of WU-CCC2 folder

can I safely delete the contents of WU-CCC2 folder

OP - WU-CCC2 folder

todd16, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

1. Is it safe to delete this folder's content? - Similar Threads - safe delete folder's

2. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  3. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  4. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: There are two (hidden) folders in C. $WINDOWS.~BT $WinREAgent The first one contains something that looks like Windows Update. This specific update (KB 4566781) is not installed because it's for 2004 (I have 1909). Is it safe to delete them both? [ATTACH] 163720
  6. Recover deleted folder and contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover deleted folder and contents: I was working using the mail app on my laptop and accidentally deleted a folder and its contents. None of this is in the deleted items folder so I cannot move it back to my inbox. Where can I find it / how can I recover it? Can easily set up a new subfolder, just want the...
  7. Is it safe to delete these folders?

Is it safe to delete these folders?: Greetings, Chrome 74 now says "Your browser is managed by your organization". I'm not part of an organization. I've been searching for a solution, but most people suggest using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). However, I have the Home edition of Windows, which doesn't...
  8. Safe to delete these folders ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders ?: Hi guys After manual update to May update everything work find but there are two folders one is windows.old size is 28 GB and Windows10Upgrade size is 20 Mb so is it safe to delete these two folders ? also please tell me how to rund an app inside the sand box I dont see it...
  9. Safe to Delete this Folder?

Safe to Delete this Folder?: Is $GetCurrent folder safe to delete? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-delete-this-folder/f70da8e8-9232-4918-8f85-b3b32e2b70e1"
  10. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: Hi Folks I have Windows 10 64bit and use a 2 Tb main drive which I self installed. It had all the files from a previous drive which was 1 Tb such as Windows 10, drivers, Photoshop etc etc. I have a third drive which is 500mb and used to be my main drive. All these drives have...