Windows 10: Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons? And how?

Discus and support Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons? And how? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't decide which sub-forum was best suited, so please move as needed. These Icons are OneDrive icons, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by purplenate26, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons? And how?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't decide which sub-forum was best suited, so please move as needed. These Icons are OneDrive icons, but I disabled OneDrive via Group Policy. So now these Icons sit around doing nothing. I was wondering if I should right click and delete and if that would be safe or if that would lead to interesting situations. Or is there some checkbox to turn off those blue Icons? See screenshot. It's in my Documents folder too.

Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons?  And how? [​IMG]

:)

purplenate26, Nov 18, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Tommygunn Win User
    Can I delete this unknown file safely?

I'm currently tidying up my external Western Digital HD and I ran Treesize to see where everything is.
    I came upon the highlighted file and sub files, below, which is hidden, but I wish to get rid of it as it contains 20Gb of data.
    It contains files, such as films, which I had previously deleted and which I thought had gone but which appear to have gone to some hidden deleted file.
    I presume it would be safe to delete this whole file and sub file via the Treesize application without it affecting all the stuff I want kept on the HD?

Tom.

Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons?  And how? HDUsage.jpg

Tommygunn, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Nergal Win User

Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons? And how?

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons? And how?

1. Is it safe to delete those "Where are my files" Icons? And how? - Similar Threads - safe delete those

2. How to delete those files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete those files: Hello someone can help me to delete those FILES . they appears when im pressing WIN + R and then i just tipe f and drag the box and they're appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-those-files/e79f1deb-81ec-4862-8420-9b7cc8a86290
  3. How to delete those files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete those files: Hello someone can help me to delete those FILES . they appears when im pressing WIN + R and then i just tipe f and drag the box and they're appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-those-files/e79f1deb-81ec-4862-8420-9b7cc8a86290
  4. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files safe to delete?: In my "Other People" tab, it says this is using nearly 80GB of my C Drive Storage, so I navigated to my Users folder only to find THOUSANDS of folders, are these safe to delete? They seem to be created each time I log in to my system, and hold absolutely nothing of value, yet...
  5. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these files safe to delete?: In my "Other People" tab, it says this is using nearly 80GB of my C Drive Storage, so I navigated to my Users folder only to find THOUSANDS of folders, are these safe to delete? They seem to be created each time I log in to my system, and hold absolutely nothing of value, yet...
  6. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to fix those icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix those icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kurokomon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6b0l5/how_to_fix_those_icons/
  8. Those are my DMP files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Those are my DMP files: Hello I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I've formatted my pc yesterday and the problem persist, can you help me please? Well, I have this problem since 1 month ago and persist even after formatting pc....
  9. Where to find those sections

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find those sections: Hi, Could someone please point me where to find those sections or it hasn't been added yet.
  10. Where is the Safely Remove Hardware icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is the Safely Remove Hardware icon: Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 and to this forum. I can't find the eject hardware icon anywhere. Under windows 7 it was in the system tray at bottom right. Few questions, please: 1. So where is that eject hardware icon? 2. I'm assuming that mice and keyboards can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. once installed is it ok to delete icon in phoe