Windows 10: Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

Discus and support Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I posted the same question here (with a lot more background information.) Now I am trying it in this forum.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MeSo2, May 2, 2019.

1. MeSo2 Win User

Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

I posted the same question here (with a lot more background information.) Now I am trying it in this forum.

:)

MeSo2, May 2, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, May 2, 2019
  4. Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

1. Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender - Similar Threads - safe delete Defender

2. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  3. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  5. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  6. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  7. Not delete history in Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not delete history in Windows Defender: Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which says:Protected memory access...
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found: Hi, When I go to my Windows Security and click on "Protection history" under Scan options as shown in the screenshot below, I can't see any of my scan history although I have done several full and offline scans before, it shows me "No recent actions" and the Windows...
  9. no history in scan history after defender scan 2x

no history in scan history after defender scan 2x: scan done..i watched it....no results.....eufi downloaded now says unknown update downloaded what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-history-in-scan-history-after-defender-scan-2x/5b612db7-d14e-4fcd-9e63-f4c08e3bae64
  10. How to view Windows Defender Scan History

How to view Windows Defender Scan History: How to view Windows Defender Scan History after right click on file ""? this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-how-to-view-scan-history/317d8870-1362-4c4e-953c-7bdaea5e394c no more valid - Scan history label not exists....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clear all of protection history in windows defender

2. windows 10 delete protection history

3. delete defender scan history

4. how to delete windows defender file scans,
  5. is it safe to delete windows defender scans