Windows 10: Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

Discus and support Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I posted the same question here (with a lot more background information.) Now I am trying it in this forum.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MeSo2, May 2, 2019.

1. MeSo2 Win User

Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

I posted the same question here (with a lot more background information.) Now I am trying it in this forum.

:)

MeSo2, May 2, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, May 2, 2019
  4. Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender

1. Is it safe to delete Windows Defender Scans History Files if not using Windows Defender - Similar Threads - safe delete Defender

2. defender scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender scan: I have been trying to run a defender scan on task scheduler for years; after a zillion tries when I m done setting it up it asks for a password and regardless of what I try it comes back and says there is least 5 or more reasons why it can do it.sometimes it acts like its...
  3. Scan Single File with Windows Defender

Scan Single File with Windows Defender: Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan" In win8.1 there is no "scan" option when a file or folder is <rightclicked> Any options to scan individual items? Thanks in advance,...
  4. Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?

Where are the files that Windows Defender deleted?: My windows defender keeps removing my files. I go to scan history and NOTHING is there. I cannot restore these files. Where are they? Thanks...
  5. Windows Defender not scanning

Windows Defender not scanning: Dear All, I was recently checking my windows defender setting and decided to open windows defender setting from search, which opened up this [img] . surprised, I decided to open up virus & threat protection to check from there but this showed up with most items showing not...
  6. SCANNING WITH WINDOWS DEFENDER

SCANNING WITH WINDOWS DEFENDER: I tried scanning my machine with windows defender but it keeps giving this error notice: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation". Can anyone please help me out?...
  7. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d
  8. windows defender scan

windows defender scan: since 1803 update defender only lets me do quick scan, if I click on advanced defender closes 110807
  9. Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?

Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?: Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender? Or it is better completely disable windows defender and only use Kaspersky? 99524
  10. Windows Defender Scans

Windows Defender Scans: According to the Event Viewer, a Windows Defender Scan is listed it as "Scan Type: Antimalware." Does that include all threats? When I do a manual scan, and then go to see the results, the results aren't there and the Scan history usually only lists an automatic scan done...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it safe to delete windows defender scans