Windows 10: is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

Discus and support is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i see there are multiple files leftover after windows downloaded "update patches".. and they are taking up a lot of space..because some files are over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pathfinder, Jan 15, 2017.

1. is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

i see there are multiple files leftover after windows downloaded "update patches".. and they are taking up a lot of space..because some files are over 500MB. would like to "reclaim space"*Shock

:)

Pathfinder, Jan 15, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jan 15, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Jan 15, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

Type disk clean-up in Cortana box...click on clean up system files as shown.
    After it estimates what you can*save the resulting box reappears.
    To find out whether it is safe to delete*highlight each item, then message below will advise.

is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files? [​IMG]

dencal, Jan 15, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Yes, if you are talking about files/folders under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
    Disk clean-up manager does not remove content of this folder

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

1. is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files? - Similar Threads - safe delete downloaded

2. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files safe to delete?: In my "Other People" tab, it says this is using nearly 80GB of my C Drive Storage, so I navigated to my Users folder only to find THOUSANDS of folders, are these safe to delete? They seem to be created each time I log in to my system, and hold absolutely nothing of value, yet...
  3. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these files safe to delete?: In my "Other People" tab, it says this is using nearly 80GB of my C Drive Storage, so I navigated to my Users folder only to find THOUSANDS of folders, are these safe to delete? They seem to be created each time I log in to my system, and hold absolutely nothing of value, yet...
  4. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?

Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?: I want to delete Downloaded Installations folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installations" because it is almost 20GB, so is it safe to delete it?...
  6. Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?: I want to delete Downloaded Installations folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installations" because it is almost 20GB, so is it safe to delete it?...
  7. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  8. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  9. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?: I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\ Windows Disk...
  10. Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO: I had the Windows 10 install files in $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS totalling >5GB. A few days ago I decided to also download the Windows 10 ISO. I've now found that the 5GB+ installation files have been deleted. I'd like to have both options regarding the upgrade and...