Windows 10: is it safe to detele all the windows.old include boot inside the folder?

Discus and support is it safe to detele all the windows.old include boot inside the folder? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and should i detele the folder it taking up space and im stuck at version 1507 i want to update to 1511 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr.Ben-281, Jul 28, 2021.

1. is it safe to detele all the windows.old include boot inside the folder?

i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and should i detele the folder it taking up space and im stuck at version 1507 i want to update to 1511 but the new version takke more space any help thanks.

:)

Mr.Ben-281, Jul 28, 2021

2. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jul 28, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

is it safe to detele all the windows.old include boot inside the folder?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

is it safe to detele all the windows.old include boot inside the folder?

1. is it safe to detele all the windows.old include boot inside the folder? - Similar Threads - safe detele old

2. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud: Bought a new PC-Win 11. OneDrive is installed and all works/syncs fine. Have an old PC-Win 10. OneDrive is still on it and all works/syncs fine. I want to reset the old Win 10 PC and no longer use OneDrive on that PC.Based on what I've read my plan is to do the following...
  3. Windows won’t boot including into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot including into safe mode: HiI recently built myself a new pc out of some old parts my friends gave me and some parts I had already one of those being my HDD that worked fine in my old pc and even worked when I first built this one. It posted and loaded into windows but I then needed to update the the...
  4. Windows not booting in to any mode including safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not booting in to any mode including safe mode: HiI recently built myself a new pc out of some old parts my friends gave me and some parts I had already one of those being my HDD that worked fine in my old pc and even worked when I first built this one. It posted and loaded into windows but I then needed to update the the...
  5. Windows won’t boot including into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot including into safe mode: HiI recently built myself a new pc out of some old parts my friends gave me and some parts I had already one of those being my HDD that worked fine in my old pc and even worked when I first built this one. It posted and loaded into windows but I then needed to update the the...
  6. Windows not booting in to any mode including safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not booting in to any mode including safe mode: HiI recently built myself a new pc out of some old parts my friends gave me and some parts I had already one of those being my HDD that worked fine in my old pc and even worked when I first built this one. It posted and loaded into windows but I then needed to update the the...
  7. Windows not booting in to any mode including safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows won’t boot including into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  10. Windows old inside a windows old?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows old inside a windows old?: Hi, I have done two reboots, since I got my laptop. When I got my laptop it was on Windows 7, then I did a reboot, to Windows 7 also... And then I did another reboot to Windows 10.. But in both reboots I didn't delete the partitions, and windows created a windows.old carpet....