Windows 10: Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup?

Discus and support Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Laptop, HP Pavillion series, bought 2016, starts up very slowly and apps also take a lot of time to load initially. After sometime,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KritikAgrawal, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup?

My Windows 10 Laptop, HP Pavillion series, bought 2016, starts up very slowly and apps also take a lot of time to load initially. After sometime, things get comparatively better and apps load up at an okay-ish speed. I thought of checking the startup menu in task manager and saw this. "hppusg" having a very high impact of startup. Now the problem is, I can't disable it without disabling some other apps, which show up in the dropdown menu, too, and I am afraid I might end up crashing my system. Should I disable this? Some Microsoft Features also disable automatically with hppusg, and I want to make sure that they are not essential system processes. Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup? 0e4e53b8-152e-4ee8-8730-f355762811da?upload=true.png

:)

KritikAgrawal, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 25, 2019
  3. How can I disable "Startup" for Sticky Notes, on Windows 10 1607

Hi,

Since the steps provided did not help, we'll try a different approach. We suggest resetting Sticky Notes first then proceed on doing the same steps on how to disable it on startup. Follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Find Sticky Notes under Apps
      & features.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Repeat the steps provided by Confused Caribou.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup?

1. Is it safe to disable hppusg, conhost etc which are affecting startup? - Similar Threads - safe disable hppusg

2. Which is folder that is a Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is folder that is a Startup?: I want to add WordWeb.exe to taskbar.Martin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-folder-that-is-a-startup/8a1344ef-4e79-4634-bf60-74ea4b39d104
  3. Conhost programm isnt starting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conhost programm isnt starting?: Hello guys, if i try to start a specific .exe the cmd pops up for 0.5 sec, closes immediately and thats it.. its not starting or something.. i tried to reset my Bios, i tried turn off my AV.. i tried Admin permission.. i actually tried everything and dont know how to fix...
  4. Help! With safe mode etc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! With safe mode etc: Help! My call of duty crashed, and asked if I wanted to enable safe mode. I said yes, because it said it was recommended for most people. After that, my quality dropped immensely and I tried to fix it. Later, it asked me the same thing. Not wanting my display to go bad again,...
  5. Upgrading motherboard etc affect license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading motherboard etc affect license?: I had my PC installed with Windows 8 around 2014 I think and a retail license which I have by an IT engineer. Since then, I've been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro v1809 which has been activated with a digital license linked to my MS account. My situation is I'm updating my...
  6. Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?

in Windows 10 News
    Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has many Services to make sure that the operating system functions smoothly. While it is best to leave the Service configuration at their default values, there are some performance & tweak enthusiasts who want to make their Windows [...] This post...
  7. Which startup items?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which startup items?: I am wondering which of the startup items I can disable, other than the ones I already have disabled. For example, I use Photoshop every day repeatedly, and I don't know if I have to have Adobe CC in the startup menu. Please tell me which items on the list I should probably...
  8. Windows 10 update and now no boot/USB startup/safe mode etc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update and now no boot/USB startup/safe mode etc: After an automatic Windows 10 update I turned my stationary PC on, but it got stuck with the first HP log screen (shows besides HP logo "v7.13" and a text "Press ESC key for startup menu"). I tried to turn the PC off/on some times with no luck. Then I tried to create a...
  9. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable: I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates. Services: [img] Tasks: [img] 94982
  10. Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?: My laptop getting slow to boot so i decide to turn off some unused services maybe like print spooler, remote desktop etc, so i need your guys to help me decide this. Thanks in advance.. 60418