Windows 10: Is it safe to disable service Server?

Discus and support Is it safe to disable service Server? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MakeW10Great, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Is it safe to disable service Server?

Hi!

when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then what functionality will it break? If I google the how to disable admin shares on windows then all the articles tell how to disable shares via computer management or regedit or control panel and so on while not even mentioning the most effective way - disable the service Server. Is there reason for that, or is it just something that tutorial makers have overlooked?

:)

MakeW10Great, Jan 16, 2020
  2. LMiller7 Win User

[Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

This is my list of service to disable:
    Start List

End List.

I do not recommend disabling any services.

LMiller7, Jan 16, 2020
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Jan 16, 2020
  4. omidsolo Win User

Is it safe to disable service Server?

Advise on disabling services

I just want to know which ones are not safe and must not be disabled, I must disable AJRouter when I don't use their service, Auto Time Zone Updater when absolutely not needed, BitLocker Drive Encryption, when never use it, etc...
    I just want from my list, remove the ones that makes problems.
    For example, which ones from my list disable WIFI or VPN services?
    Thanks,

omidsolo, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to disable service Server?

1. Is it safe to disable service Server? - Similar Threads - safe disable service

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?: Hello, I wonder, if it is safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc in Windows 10 pro 20H2. I don't use IPHelper, or Intel DAL. Nor do I use proxy. But it says it is also for win32 API for sending COM requests over http. Also I noticed at some point startup was greyed out in...
  6. Is it completely safe to disable these services?

Is it completely safe to disable these services?: I am satisfied with my current version, if it completely safe to permanently stop and disable: Windows Updater service Windows Installer service submitted by /u/VillsSkyTerror [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable Server Service in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Server Service in windows 10?: How to disable Server Service in windows 10? 167881
  8. Safe Mode disabled services

Safe Mode disabled services: I'm having an issue where a (or some) program(s) won't launch or install normally but will in safe mode. Is there a way to get a list of the services that safe mode disables so I can narrow down the problem? submitted by /u/Shadowlord87 [link] [comments]...
  9. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable: I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates. Services: [img] Tasks: [img] 94982
  10. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled: Does anyone have a list with the services that can be disabled in W10? Without affecting functions like Wi-Fi or using wireless mouse, USB. 72113