Windows 10: Is it safe to disable service Server?

Discus and support Is it safe to disable service Server? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MakeW10Great, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Is it safe to disable service Server?

Hi!

when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then what functionality will it break? If I google the how to disable admin shares on windows then all the articles tell how to disable shares via computer management or regedit or control panel and so on while not even mentioning the most effective way - disable the service Server. Is there reason for that, or is it just something that tutorial makers have overlooked?

:)

MakeW10Great, Jan 16, 2020
  2. LMiller7 Win User

[Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

This is my list of service to disable:
    Start List

End List.

I do not recommend disabling any services.

LMiller7, Jan 16, 2020
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Jan 16, 2020
  4. omidsolo Win User

Is it safe to disable service Server?

Advise on disabling services

I just want to know which ones are not safe and must not be disabled, I must disable AJRouter when I don't use their service, Auto Time Zone Updater when absolutely not needed, BitLocker Drive Encryption, when never use it, etc...
    I just want from my list, remove the ones that makes problems.
    For example, which ones from my list disable WIFI or VPN services?
    Thanks,

omidsolo, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to disable service Server?

1. Is it safe to disable service Server? - Similar Threads - safe disable service

2. Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?

in Windows 10 News
    Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has many Services to make sure that the operating system functions smoothly. While it is best to leave the Service configuration at their default values, there are some performance & tweak enthusiasts who want to make their Windows [...] This post...
  3. Disable Services

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Services: Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free? If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts :) --- 1 AJRouter - AllJoyn...
  4. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable: I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates. Services: [img] Tasks: [img] 94982
  5. Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?: I am having some problems using MS account related facilities on a 24 hour basis, Cortana interests don't come up, Store is slow to login, Outlook mail (native app) doesn't sync, Family not available, store slow to load, etc etc. Something is triggering the issue (which does...
  6. Advise on disabling services

in Windows 10 Support
    Advise on disabling services: Hi, I made this script to disable unnecessary services on my system but I'm sure there are some services I'm disabling by mistake which should not be disabled since it causes my Network and VPN not working. I know list is huge but maybe someone wants to take a look and find...
  7. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled: Does anyone have a list with the services that can be disabled in W10? Without affecting functions like Wi-Fi or using wireless mouse, USB. 72113
  8. Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?: My laptop getting slow to boot so i decide to turn off some unused services maybe like print spooler, remote desktop etc, so i need your guys to help me decide this. Thanks in advance.. 60418
  9. Suggestions on services to disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions on services to disable?: I am attempting to air gap a windows 10 pc, all previous attempts have failed miserably at protecting my files. I do not use any remote or virtual services. I have been disabling everything I can think of, but there's still so many things I'm not sure what they are exactly....
  10. Safe Services Configurations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Services Configurations?: I always highly edit my services. I don't want 80 programs running in the background from my PC. So these are the services I've disabled. I would like to know if I've done anything unsafe, and if there are other services I can safely disable. AllJoyn Router Service -...