Windows 10: Is it safe to disable Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Is it safe to disable Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Without going into details I have a very unstable system. When I disable W10 Updates my computer runs a lot better. Is this safe enough to do? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jwblue, Mar 2, 2020.

1. jwblue Win User

Is it safe to disable Windows 10 Updates

Without going into details I have a very unstable system. When I disable W10 Updates my computer runs a lot better.

Is this safe enough to do? Is there anything I can do to make sure my computer becomes less vulnerable to a hack?

Version 1809

:)

jwblue, Mar 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 update being enabled.

Late to the party again... *Laugh :laugh:
    That would be incorrect. To disable updates, the service must be disabled. Windows Defender has a nasty habit of undoing users configs like that so you need to disable it first, then disable the update service.

If you're looking for an easy way to do this, see here;
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
    There are all sorts of great config changes that can be made safely with that utility and all with just a couple of clicks. After setting changes a reboot will b e required, but that's to be expected.

lexluthermiester, Mar 2, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it safe to disable Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - safe disable Updates

2. Is it safe to disable Microsoft Consumer experiences in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it safe to disable Microsoft Consumer experiences in Windows 10?: OS: Windows 10 Version 2004 Japanese Browser Firefox updated Drivers updated When I am working on computer some time a message appears some thing like Software stopped, contacting Microsoft sorry for translation. I wonder if, I could disable this feature will that harm...
  3. Disable Safe boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Safe boot: Hey, I was doing some experiments with windows and I accidentally jumped into safe boot mode. Now its asking for password, which I don't remember because I used to sign in using my PIN or fingerprint. After that I read various discussion on this topic from internet and...
  4. Disable Safe Mode for an appilication Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Safe Mode for an appilication Windows 10: Hi, I was playing a game when my pc crashed. the next time I launched the game, it asked me whether I would like to launch the game in Safe mode or no. I chose to run the game on Safe mode but it seemed that my Game graphics were downgraded and it had a stretched widescreen...
  5. Safe to disable tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to disable tasks?: For the past few months, my computer wakes up in the middle of the night. Using "powercfg -lastwake" in cmd I was able to trace the cause to Update Orchestrator. I found this guide and followed it....
  6. Is it safe to disable Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it safe to disable Windows 10 Updates: Without going into details I have a very unstable system. When I disable W10 Updates my computer runs a lot better. Is this safe enough to do? Is there anything I can do to make sure my computer becomes less vulnerable to a hack? Version 1809 151515
  7. Is it safe to completely disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to completely disable Windows Defender?: I have Kaspersky Total Security for years but "Antimalware service executable " just keeps using my CPU every now and then though Kaspersky is set as default app for everything in security centre . Is there any possible threat if I disable all Defender components to avoid...
  8. is it safe to run win 10 with encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it safe to run win 10 with encryption disabled: I purchased a WD 2 TB HD A moderator on this MS sight suggested I use a third-party utility to perform the backup (AOMEI) IT WAS DOING THE BACKUP BUT IT WAS BACKING UP THE ENTIRE DRIVE NOT JUST THE partitions in use. and when I did the follow-up incremental backups after a...
  9. Fix account disabled by safe mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix account disabled by safe mode Windows 10: My account was disabled when I went into safe mode. It created an Administrator account and disabled mine. My account UID is still in the registry. But it does not show up when I view accounts with WMIC. The profile is still in users. I cannot log into my account because the...
  10. is updating windows 10 safe now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is updating windows 10 safe now: hello can any one tell me if I can safely update windows 10 now I have seen that the new update delate files and I don't want that to happened to me so I want to know if I can go ahead n up date now if the problem have been fix...