Windows 10: Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard

Discus and support Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! I saw some other threads stating that it improves stuttering in DX12 games. Would it be safe to just disable this feature for a game specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vishykeh, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard

Hey!

I saw some other threads stating that it improves stuttering in DX12 games. Would it be safe to just disable this feature for a game specifically and not globally. The games are play are offline singleplayer games anyway.

submitted by /u/vishykeh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vishykeh, Aug 16, 2020

2. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects.

Control Flow Guard

I read that CFG is enabled by default in Windows 10 but it is not enabled in my application. I found another way to enable CFG for my application by enabling strict CFG in the Windows Security Center. But I encountered the following error:

"The specified image file was blocked from loading because it does not enable a feature required by the process: Control Flow Guard"

Is there any other way to enable CFG manually?

HariharanSreenivas, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Ramhound Win User

Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard

VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard

Windows Sandbox cannot be enabled on Windows 10 Home. The workaround you most likely used, does not even work, and has never actually worked. However, when you attempted to enable Windows Sandbox, it also enabled Credential Guard and Device Guard.

The first thing you need to backup any critical files you cannot live without. Depending on the state of your system you might decide it's time to simply reinstall Windows 10 Home. An alternative is to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional so you can Enable Windows Sandbox then disable it properly. The following suggestion was written against an assumption that Windows Sandbox was properly enabled and not left in a broken state due to a workaround solution on Windows 10 Home.

Source:

Ramhound, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard

1. Is it safe to disable Windows Control Flow Guard - Similar Threads - safe disable Control

2. Disable DDoS Guard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable DDoS Guard: Disable DDoS Guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/disable-ddos-guard/f890a801-b00d-4f8b-9d8b-8a78ef0227a5
  3. Control Flow Guard - useless?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Flow Guard - useless?: My understanding of Control Flow Guard CFG is that it is supposed to monitor correct internal program to programs calls. So, I expected that there would be some "learning issues" when I turned it on. But bluntly, I didn't expect that hassles in setting a program allowed,...
  4. How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809: and also other exploit options, they are greyed out in settings and group policy wont let me change status to "enable" its says something about .xml files. submitted by /u/yarojohn [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 1809 Control Flow Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 Control Flow Guard: After lots of searching the bug with CFG seems to be why all Chromium Browsers were freezing,crashing and having video stutters on my pc.Fix is on the way from MS in a couple of weeks.Edge Chromium is also effected by this....
  6. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.: I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects. Control Flow Guard I read that CFG is enabled by default in...
  7. Microsoft Flow Disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Flow Disabled: What is Microsoft Flow and is this email really from Microsoft: [ATTACH] It looks suspicious. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flow-disabled/673621b7-acfd-441b-9f62-9b2d413846db"
  8. How to disable "Device Guard"

How to disable "Device Guard": Hi, I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Device Guard" in my surface pro before i can do so. Please provide steps on how to do so....
  9. Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10 Credential Guard uses virtualization-based security to isolate secrets so that only privileged system software can access them. Unauthorized access to these...
  10. Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10 Device Guard is a combination of enterprise-related hardware and software security features that, when configured together, will lock a device down so that it can...