Windows 10: Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?

Discus and support Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder, if it is safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc in Windows 10 pro 20H2. I don't use IPHelper, or Intel DAL. Nor do I use proxy. But it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/empleat, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?

Hello,

I wonder, if it is safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc in Windows 10 pro 20H2. I don't use IPHelper, or Intel DAL. Nor do I use proxy. But it says it is also for win32 API for sending COM requests over http. Also I noticed at some point startup was greyed out in services.msc. I used to disable this service, as it was useless. But now I Am not sure.

Thanks for advice.

submitted by /u/empleat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/empleat, Mar 1, 2021

2. WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

Try the following

Double-click Start and change the Value data to 3 > OK

Create a System Restore Point beforehand and restart the computer afterwards,

Changing the Value data to 3 will enable the service as a "Manual" start (4 disables the service)

The WinHttpAutoProxySvc service is enabled by default.

auggy [Directly], Mar 1, 2021
  3. JohnMal Win User
    WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

I may be way over my pay-grade on this. My computer is a Lenovo X201 with an Intel i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67 GHz, 1 TB of disk storage and 8 MB of Ram using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.437.

My computer has been extremely slow on start-up and shows 100% of disk usage for about 13 minutes even though Task Manager shows very few processes are using little of these resources. I have disabled a number of programs with little change. I have run
    programs to clean up the registry (CCleaner) and malware (Malwarebytes). Nothing seems to help. I have run "chkdsk /f /r" - it get to 11% and then sits there for hours, and after 4 to 6 hours I believe it crashes. I say believe because I never was watching
    when it stops. However, Event Viewer shows a number of Errors about the time of the "crashes." The first of these errors is always "The iphlpsvc service depends on the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start because of the following error: The
    service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." Services (Services and Applications shows the program to be disabled. To the best of my knowledge I have not disabled this program; this may
    have been done a few years ago when I had it serviced. Under Actions, all options are greyed out.

Should I enable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service, and, if so, how do I do this?

JohnMal, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?

1. Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2? - Similar Threads - safe disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it completely safe to disable these services?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it completely safe to disable these services?: I am satisfied with my current version, if it completely safe to permanently stop and disable: Windows Updater service Windows Installer service submitted by /u/VillsSkyTerror [link] [comments]...
  6. Safe Mode disabled services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode disabled services: I'm having an issue where a (or some) program(s) won't launch or install normally but will in safe mode. Is there a way to get a list of the services that safe mode disables so I can narrow down the problem? submitted by /u/Shadowlord87 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it safe to disable service Server?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to disable service Server?: Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then...
  8. WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start: I may be way over my pay-grade on this. My computer is a Lenovo X201 with an Intel i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67 GHz, 1 TB of disk storage and 8 MB of Ram using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.437. My computer has been extremely slow on start-up and shows 100% of disk...
  9. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable: I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates. Services: [img] Tasks: [img] 94982
  10. Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?: My laptop getting slow to boot so i decide to turn off some unused services maybe like print spooler, remote desktop etc, so i need your guys to help me decide this. Thanks in advance.. 60418