Windows 10: Is it safe to do a Samsung evo 850 firmware update

Discus and support Is it safe to do a Samsung evo 850 firmware update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Guys and Gals, i was just wondering if it is safe to do a firmware upgrade on my Samsung evo 850 [img] Thanks in advance 83538 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pantz, May 3, 2017.

1. Pantz Win User

Is it safe to do a Samsung evo 850 firmware update

Hello Guys and Gals, i was just wondering if it is safe to do a firmware upgrade on my Samsung evo 850
    Is it safe to do a Samsung evo 850 firmware update [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

:)

Pantz, May 3, 2017

2. Win10 clean setup issue with my Z68 or my SSD?

120Gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD. There is no new firmware for it.

Vladimir Krasnoshchyokov, May 3, 2017
  3. SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

Just used Samsung Magician to make sure that the firmware for my SSD was up to date and it says it is.

You're concluding that my Samsung 850 Evo 120GB is defective then?

EradicTurtle, May 3, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

I've done it many times myself through Magician with never a problem. That said, always good to have a current image backup before doing anything that just might brick a drive.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 4, 2017
  5. Pantz Win User
    Hello Guys and gals thanks for the quick reply. i just made an image, but its late, so i will do it tomorrow, i dont like doing anything that will brick my Drive when its late and i am tired

Thanks in advance

Pantz, May 4, 2017
  6. Pantz Win User
    Hello guys and Gals .... firmware update successful

Thanks

Pantz, May 4, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Dear Pantz:
    Glad you had a successful outcome. Ain't it grand when technology works like it ought to?
    The backup really helps to ensure peace of mind, and continuing access to stuff, even in the face of failure.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 4, 2017
  8. Llamalord Win User

I have done it to my M.2 and SSD both are fine!

Llamalord, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it safe to do a Samsung evo 850 firmware update - Similar Threads - safe Samsung evo

2. Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?: Hello, I'd like to update my Evo plus one and I don't know how. I have already downloaded the correct ISO file. I have also put this file on an usb-stick and let it boot, but Windows 10 starts up normally. I have a MSI B-450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC I hope you can help me....
  3. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  4. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  5. Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue.

Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue.: Can anyone with a Samsung 850 EVO drive and using the latest version of Magician run a performance benchmark test for me and post their results? I've run into a weird issue where the benchmark temporarily locks up my machine around 8/9 percent and the percentage circle...
  6. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  7. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  8. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...