Windows 10: is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

Discus and support is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; about 2-3 days ago my pc started acting weird, i was backing up my pc using windows 7 backup and restore and it suddenly asked if i wanted to stop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gendrake61, Jul 7, 2019.

1. is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

about 2-3 days ago my pc started acting weird, i was backing up my pc using windows 7 backup and restore and it suddenly asked if i wanted to stop it,waited a few seconds then noticed the mouse moved on its own to the the stop option (they apparently must've got inpatient as i started fighting them over the mouse just to be an **** before cutting the wifi chip off via a switch on the keyboard), i immediately cut wifi and then downloaded malwarebytes via my mom's pc into a usb drive and installed on my pc,i scanned my pc and found that a recent (installed about an hour before the backup) extension i installed on chrome turned out to be a pup that apparently was allowing someone to remotely control my pc, but in order to remove it i had to uninstall the extension first as a the pup would be persistent in returning after being quarantined (like 3 times before i started investigating why this was happening and the solution.)

i'm not really concerned about this part anymore as i put a stop to it before anything sensitive was accessed,and it hasn't happened again, still, windows security didn't detect it but malwarebytes did and then i found out that theres a difference between antimalware and antivirus and that its recommended you have both *facepalms* i feel so stupid now that i know this....

anyway i notice a bunch of errors, activity transfers and other stuff in the event logs under log name Microsoft-Windows-Windows Remote Management/Operational after thinking about this and decided to review this.

is it safe to enable it and should i? will this cause a potential security issue like with what happened above?

:)

gendrake61, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

1. is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home? - Similar Threads - safe enable remote

2. enable remote desktop - some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable remote desktop - some settings are managed by your organization: Recently had to re-install windows and now tried connecting remotely to my pc on my company domain via vpn and it cannot find my pc/remote desktop not enabled. I checked the settings on my pc and sure enough under settings/remote desktop this message appears 'some settings...
  3. Enable Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home: Hello, I've contacted the Microsoft Community to ask you for the activation steps of Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home. I mention that when I installed Windows I introduced a generic key and I went with the computer to service and told me that it is a corrupted Windows. Can...
  4. remote in window 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote in window 10 home: does window remote in window 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-in-window-10-home/25cb60df-5e59-4728-836e-e9d5e1a96e51
  5. Steps to Safe Mode in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steps to Safe Mode in Windows 10 Home: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please tell me how to step into Safe Mode and what settings are made in Safe Mode for a Windows 10 Home Performer. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  6. Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re-Enable BitLocker on Windows 10 Home: Hi, I would like to seek assistance in re-enabling BitLocker on a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 Home. A bit of history. The laptop was purchased with Windows 10 Home. I would need to re-partition the drive (SSD) to the owner's request of 200GB for System and the the...
  7. Windows 10 Home Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Task Manager: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro several months ago. Windows 10 Home Task Manager is not displaying a tab for the startup section (as in Windows 7). From an online search the recommended solution is to click on "more details" from the initial page. I don't have that option....
  8. Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control): I have an Infrared Remote originally designed to use with Windows 7 MCE. Only recently I noticed that it had stopped working and so I started some research on the web to find the solution. To cut a long story short I found this technical article which appeared to be the...
  9. Remote access for Windows 10 Home Version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access for Windows 10 Home Version: I would like to have remote access to my desktop by my iPad Air2, IOS 9.2.1 & I would like to remote access my sister's laptop running Windows 10 home version. I have wireless connection & she is wired if that makes any difference. The research I have done tells me I need the...
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066