Windows 10: is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

Discus and support is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; about 2-3 days ago my pc started acting weird, i was backing up my pc using windows 7 backup and restore and it suddenly asked if i wanted to stop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gendrake61, Jul 7, 2019.

1. is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

about 2-3 days ago my pc started acting weird, i was backing up my pc using windows 7 backup and restore and it suddenly asked if i wanted to stop it,waited a few seconds then noticed the mouse moved on its own to the the stop option (they apparently must've got inpatient as i started fighting them over the mouse just to be an **** before cutting the wifi chip off via a switch on the keyboard), i immediately cut wifi and then downloaded malwarebytes via my mom's pc into a usb drive and installed on my pc,i scanned my pc and found that a recent (installed about an hour before the backup) extension i installed on chrome turned out to be a pup that apparently was allowing someone to remotely control my pc, but in order to remove it i had to uninstall the extension first as a the pup would be persistent in returning after being quarantined (like 3 times before i started investigating why this was happening and the solution.)

i'm not really concerned about this part anymore as i put a stop to it before anything sensitive was accessed,and it hasn't happened again, still, windows security didn't detect it but malwarebytes did and then i found out that theres a difference between antimalware and antivirus and that its recommended you have both *facepalms* i feel so stupid now that i know this....

anyway i notice a bunch of errors, activity transfers and other stuff in the event logs under log name Microsoft-Windows-Windows Remote Management/Operational after thinking about this and decided to review this.

is it safe to enable it and should i? will this cause a potential security issue like with what happened above?

:)

gendrake61, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home?

1. is it safe to enable windows remote management on windows 10 home? - Similar Threads - safe enable remote

2. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  3. How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?: Hi everyone, I am a self learner and I am currently learning Microsoft Azure. I have created a virtual Machine into Azure not to access my Virtual Machine I have do remote desktop connection but I am getting error while enabling remote desktop service into my laptop that "...
  4. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  5. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  6. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  7. Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition: I am trying to download RDPwrapper in my lappy but its not installing all the files and while installion its showing executable file not found and I cant proceed with the other steps Is there any other alternative to enable the Remote Desktop Connection . PLease tell me?...
  8. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  9. remote in window 10 home

remote in window 10 home: does window remote in window 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-in-window-10-home/25cb60df-5e59-4728-836e-e9d5e1a96e51
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066