Windows 10: Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition?

Discus and support Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My System Reserved partition almost run out of space. I want to extend it via Disk Management, but I'm not sure if it is safe. Are it is safe to extend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aria and Aslam Official, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition?

My System Reserved partition almost run out of space. I want to extend it via Disk Management, but I'm not sure if it is safe. Are it is safe to extend my System Reserved partition via Disk Management?

Sorry if my words are not quite right

:)

Aria and Aslam Official, Mar 15, 2021

2. system reserved partition

I gave you a video tutorial for how to Extend the System Reserved into C:

http://partitionwizard.com/video-help/extend_pa...

If the Extend function is no longer free then use Resize:

1) First Resize the left end of the C partition to the right by 500mb, Apply step..

2) Next Resize the right end of the System Reserved partition into the new space you created in C, Apply.

You may need to add a drive letter first to System Reserved as I've now written twice.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Problem with the "Reserved Partition"; Error: "We can't upgrade the system reserved partition."

If it’s a GPT disk, it doesn't have a system reserved partition but efi partition. On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.

In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:

Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

Youngwarlord, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition?

Clearing space in the System Reserved Partition

On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.

In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use an third party software, AOMEI
    Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:

Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

Windows built-in tools won't allow you to delete system reserved partition. You need to use third party software to make a bootable media, and the boot form the media to delete it.

Youngwarlord, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition?

1. Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition? - Similar Threads - safe extend System

2. Restoring of system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring of system reserved partition: Hello,During migration of the Windows 10 to a new SSD I forgot to migrate a system reserved partition. And now I have permanent error 0x800f0922 during installing updates. Also this issue prevents me from upgrade to Windows 11.How I can restore this partition? Excluding...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  5. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. Extending system reserved partition gone wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extending system reserved partition gone wrong: I used partition wizard to extend partition for system reserved and my pc crashed blue screen and restarted in the middle of the process. Now my PC won't boot, just stuck on the spinning circles of startup. rebuildbcd gives this, Total identified windows installations: 0 Is...
  7. Useless system reserved partition.

Useless system reserved partition.: Hello everyone, I've been looking on internet without any success the way to delete a system reserved partition on an empty hard drive. After upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro with the microsoft media creation tool and trying to move my system to a larger...
  8. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  9. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  10. No system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...