Windows 10: is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

Discus and support is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; or can windows clear it out automatically? submitted by /u/Wooomy100 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wooomy100, Aug 1, 2020.

1. is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

/u/Wooomy100, Aug 1, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 1, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Octopolus Win User

is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Octopolus, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

1. is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder? - Similar Threads - safe everything downloads

2. Primary download folder with folders having downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary download folder with folders having downloads.: In my main "download folder," folders have appeared that have downloaded in them. One example is downloads from HP same to be going into a HP download folder in the main download folder. Does it matter or should all of the download files the in the same folder?...
  3. Primary download folder with folders having downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary download folder with folders having downloads.: In my main "download folder," folders have appeared that have downloaded in them. One example is downloads from HP same to be going into a HP download folder in the main download folder. Does it matter or should all of the download files the in the same folder?...
  4. Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?

Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?: I want to delete Downloaded Installations folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installations" because it is almost 20GB, so is it safe to delete it?...
  5. Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?: I want to delete Downloaded Installations folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installations" because it is almost 20GB, so is it safe to delete it?...
  6. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...: I have tried all the methods on internet that i saw to delete this folder but its not deleteing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-a-folder-ive-tried-everything-i/ed4a62b7-bd93-4b10-9ea4-77ff43e3abfb
  7. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...

I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...: I have tried all the methods on internet that i saw to delete this folder but its not deleteing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-a-folder-ive-tried-everything-i/ed4a62b7-bd93-4b10-9ea4-77ff43e3abfb
  8. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  9. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  10. Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!: Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't...