Windows 10: is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

Discus and support is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; or can windows clear it out automatically? submitted by /u/Wooomy100 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wooomy100, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:27 AM.

1. is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

/u/Wooomy100, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:27 AM

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:32 AM
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

4. Octopolus Win User

is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Thema:

is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder?

1. is it safe to have everything in the downloads folder? - Similar Threads - safe everything downloads

2. Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?: Im wondering this because im trying to speed up my pc and i saw the "Downloads" on disk cleanup. I have alot of stuff in there and i dont want want to delete it because idk if it will make me have to reinstall EVERYTHING such as Steam....
  3. I have 2 pictures folders and no downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 pictures folders and no downloads folder.: [ATTACH] Both redirect to D/users/"user"/pictures. If I change one of the 2 folders to D/users/"user"/downloads, then both of them change to that. I have no idea how this happened. Anyone know how to bring it back to normal? Heres a screenshot of "This PC":...
  4. Is it safe to delete these folders?

Is it safe to delete these folders?: Greetings, Chrome 74 now says "Your browser is managed by your organization". I'm not part of an organization. I've been searching for a solution, but most people suggest using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). However, I have the Home edition of Windows, which doesn't...
  5. Safe to delete these folders ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders ?: Hi guys After manual update to May update everything work find but there are two folders one is windows.old size is 28 GB and Windows10Upgrade size is 20 Mb so is it safe to delete these two folders ? also please tell me how to rund an app inside the sand box I dont see it...
  6. Safe to Delete this Folder?

Safe to Delete this Folder?: Is $GetCurrent folder safe to delete? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-delete-this-folder/f70da8e8-9232-4918-8f85-b3b32e2b70e1"
  7. Is Teamviewer a safe download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Teamviewer a safe download?: I was thinking of installing Teamviewer at some point. Am not all that proficient with troubleshooting but I know enough to tick along and given that my family have so many computer issues that ask me to look at I figured something like this would be helpful. So I can maybe...
  8. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: Hi Folks I have Windows 10 64bit and use a 2 Tb main drive which I self installed. It had all the files from a previous drive which was 1 Tb such as Windows 10, drivers, Photoshop etc etc. I have a third drive which is 500mb and used to be my main drive. All these drives have...
  9. Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!: Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't...
  10. Is it safe to remove these folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove these folders?: I have my Documents, Contacts, Downloads, Pictures, Music and Videos folders located on my HDD (E:/), but I still show the same folders on C: drive but they're all empty. Is it safe to delete these folders since they're located & pointed to on the E: drive? [img]...