Windows 10: Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

Discus and support Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hellow,I am Prince Gupta i am a software developerI have buy a sata SSD which requires 4.8 volt and Max 5.0 volt but my desktop SMPS provide 3.3 volt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prince Gupta_000, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

Hellow,I am Prince Gupta i am a software developerI have buy a sata SSD which requires 4.8 volt and Max 5.0 volt but my desktop SMPS provide 3.3 volt ,5.0 volt and 12 volt is it safe to install SSD with 12 volt please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11 in it Thank you

:)

Prince Gupta_000, Jun 19, 2022
  2. RPB57 Win User

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Jun 19, 2022
  3. sata ssd

I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do?

ROBERTMETH, Jun 19, 2022
  4. rhughes Win User

Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

Install Windows 10 on SATA SSD

My SSD isn't getting recognized by the Windows 10 installer.

I'm installing from a USB using the official installation creator.

Here are the steps I've already taken:

1) Used DISKPART to clean and create a NTFS partition on the drive. It is listed when using SHIFT+F10 -> LIST DISK. The partition has been set to ACTIVE.

2) Downloaded a load of drivers from the motherboard's website and browsed and tried those when asked. After I click the next button is just says no drivers were found, and the cycle continues.

3) Tried various USB ports for the installer.

4) Set the SSD to both SATA and IDE modes in the BIOS.

My motherboard is an ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0.

As I try other methods I think of/try I'll update this question.

rhughes, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

1. Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata - Similar Threads - safe install SSD

2. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  3. It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.: Hey i am Prince GuptaI have purchased a sata SSD which is 5v but my SMPS give 0v ,ground 5v ,0v ground and 12v.It is safe to install SSD in 12vIf not how to disconnect 12v from sata pins please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11...
  4. It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.: Hey i am Prince GuptaI have purchased a sata SSD which is 5v but my SMPS give 0v ,ground 5v ,0v ground and 12v.It is safe to install SSD in 12vIf not how to disconnect 12v from sata pins please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11...
  5. It is safe to install SSD with 12 volt and 18a current

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is safe to install SSD with 12 volt and 18a current: Hello,I am Prince Gupta recently i purchased a ssd but SSD says that it requires 5v 1.7A of current and my power supply provide 5v,12v and 18A of current it is safe to install SSDAnd it is also safe to install SSD in 12v SMPSPlease reply fast because I have to install Windows...
  6. It is safe to install SSD with 12 volt and 18a current

It is safe to install SSD with 12 volt and 18a current: Hello,I am Prince Gupta recently i purchased a ssd but SSD says that it requires 5v 1.7A of current and my power supply provide 5v,12v and 18A of current it is safe to install SSDAnd it is also safe to install SSD in 12v SMPSPlease reply fast because I have to install Windows...
  7. Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata: Hellow,I am Prince Gupta i am a software developerI have buy a sata SSD which requires 4.8 volt and Max 5.0 volt but my desktop SMPS provide 3.3 volt ,5.0 volt and 12 volt is it safe to install SSD with 12 volt please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11 in it...
  8. sata ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sata ssd: I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-ssd/5c8a216f-bfe8-46f4-804a-745e44997e32
  9. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  10. Sata ssd

Sata ssd: What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing. 102827